Chapter 22

*Selena's POV*

Having been momentarily stunned, I stood there a while after Josh had left. I soon came to my senses and I took off towards the house before the sun rose any higher.

Opening the back door, I slid in as quietly as I could. However, that didn't seem to matter. My parents were both up, getting dressed as quickly as possible.

Confused as to why they were up so early, I sought for answers.

"What's going on?"

My mom came over to me quickly, "Alpha Jordan just called a pack emergency. They have located the intruder and they are expecting some resistance."

My mind spun rapidly. Never has our pack had to call a pack emergency since I have been born. While I was still comprehending this, my mother continued.

"Your father and I have to head over to Alpha Smith's pack to prepare them for possible war while Alpha Jordan heads over to a neighboring pack with a few ambassadors to talk about a possible alliance if we need the extra warriors."

Still, I was kind of shocked. I was unsure of what to say other than, "Oh ok. What do I need to do?"

"I want you and your siblings to head over to the pack house with Amy. Once we know more about the situation, I will let you know what you need to do."

"Ok."

"Alright," she hugged me, "Your sisters and your brother are ready to go."

Pulling back, she opened her hand, revealing the keys to my car. Since my brother and sisters haven't shifted yet, we would have to drive to the pack house.

"Don't speed and let me know when you get there, ok?"

"Ok, Mom, I will."

She hugged me one final time, "Good girl. I love you."

"I love you too." I muttered against her shoulder.

My dad joined the group to give me a hug as well.

"You guys be safe, and if it comes down to it, you know what to do."

"Of course dad," I replied, "Protect the pack at all costs."

"That's my girl,"he smiled, "We've got to go. Once you all get loaded, we will head off."

"Ok."

Running to my room, I grabbed the nearest book bag, and packed a few clothes that I knew I would probably need. Once I had everything I needed, I turned off my light and closed the door.

I ran down the hall to my brother's room. Although he was already dressed and ready, he was sitting on his bed playing with his toys.

"Come here, Daniel. It's time to go."

Looking up from his means of entertainment, his innocent brown eyes met mine.

"Ok!" He lively voiced, unaware of the seriousness of the situation.

As he hopped off the bed, dinosaur in hand, I lifted him up into my arms.

When I walked out of his room, my sisters were already heading my way. Together, we all headed out to my car.

As we were approaching the car, Sarah turned to take Daniel from my hands.

"Here, let me buckle him in. It'll save time." She muttered.

"Ok." I agreed as I let her take him from me.

Walking towards the back of the car, I tossed my book bag into the trunk and closed it as I jogged around the other side of the car.