Chapter 10

*Selena's POV*

With the sun streaming into the room, I slowly opened my eyes. Stretching, I sat up in my bed before reaching for my phone. Flashing across my screen was a message notification from Colt.

"Hey, don't forget that we are heading to the lake today! Meet us at 1 pm!"

He must have been trying to mind-link me, but since I had been asleep, he just texted me. Getting up, I  decided to look for my bathing suit and towel.

I was going to go with Jake to the lake, but after our fight yesterday... I pondered. I wanted to check on him, but I decided that it would probably be best to simply leave him to cool. I knew he wouldn't stay mad at me for long, but I also didn't want to get into it again.

Having found my bathing suit, I put it on underneath my clothes. I then began packing a bag with a towel and some sunscreen just in case. Placing my sunglasses on my head, I slipped on my flip flops as I headed downstairs.

"Hey mom!" I called.

"Yeah honey?" She called seemingly from the bathroom.

"I'm heading out to the lake to meet with Levi, Colt and a few other friends from school."

In the distance, I heard a loud sound of rushing water. 

Yeah, she definitely just flushed the toilet.

Once the toilet finished flushing, I heard my mom call out, "Ok, well have fun dear!"

Lightly smiling to myself, I opened the door and headed to my car.

*Josh POV*

Finally, after being inspected one last time, I was discharged. They ran a few physical tests on me, but found nothing wrong with my heart, meaning I would still be able to continue working out. Galena simply attributed it to an adverse side effect of reattaching a new bond over the old one. 

As I was headed out, Tyler said, "Hey, Colt and his brother Levi invited us to the lake today if you want to go."

"Honestly, I would love to go any where as long as I'm not stuck in that hospital any longer."

"Haha, well it's a good thing I brought everything. Otherwise, that would have been awkward." He teased.

Looking in his car, I noticed a ton of random beach balls and towels in the backseat.

"Whatever man. Just open the door so I can get in," I chuckled.

"Hey! A smile from the ever brooding Josh. I have reached a new accomplishment today." 

Still grinning, I raised my eyebrows, "Keep pushing it."

Lifting his hands up, he cried, "Ok, ok. I'm opening the door."