Chapter 27

*Josh POV*

A wave of utter silence swept across the room. The only other sounds, aside from my beeping heart monitor was the sound of the warrior's ragged breathing. Alpha Jordan's stature, once calm, was now completely tensed up. Anger was clearly bubbling up, despite his attempts to remain calm. A slow and calculated breath escaped him as his fists began to form into fists. Through gritted teeth, he finally broke the silence.

"Emergency meeting. NOW!" He growled, "Gather what troops we have left and get to the meeting room." Glancing over to Galena, he nodded and moved to leave the room. Quickly, I jumped out of bed and ripped out the IV once more. I hurriedly left the room before Galena could say any more.

"Alpha!" I called out, "I'm coming with you."

"Very well." He said without making eye contact. He continued to walk straight for the pack meeting room we've gathered in numerous times before. Thankfully, it wasn't too far from the hospital.

Before long, we approached the door, though Alpha Jordan hastily rushed through the doors. Jogging not far behind him, I opened the doors that he Alpha Jordan had flung open moments before they shut in my face.

I walked down the aisle and sat on the very first row as Alpha Jordan made his way onto the stage. Several werewolves were rushing in at intervals in order to get here in time. The screeching sounds of the doors resonated through the large room every time someone else came in. Time seemed to pass achingly slow until finally, silence filled the room

Before us stood our leader, our Alpha in a state of distress. I looked around perhaps for the beta, but it seemed that he was still away gathering troops at the sister pack. Breaking across the large expanse of the room, Alpha Jordan didn't need a mic to be heard. He spoke loudly and clearly enough for all to hear.

"This stops tonight!" His voice reverberated. He had every wolf in the room at full attention.

"No longer will we let this intruder continue in his heinous acts. His actions are becoming too great. If we don't stop him now, we risk exposure to the humans and thus our life here will end. We've worked too hard and for far too long to let a Wielder  take away it all away."

Concerned whispers began to fill the room. 

A wolf behind me turned to his mate as he said, "I didn't even think those things existed anymore."

Another wolf cautiously muttered, "How is it even possible for those hybrids to still be around,"

Suddenly, a wolf cried out from the back, "I beg your pardon, Alpha. But we don't stand a chance against a Wielder!"

"We're wolves!" Alpha Jordan cried out, "We protect ourselves while we protect each other. A Wielder knows nothing but doing what he wants to do for himself. He could careless about his own pack members who fight for him as long as he gets what he wants."

The wolf who had spoken out slowly sat back down into his chair as Alpha Jordan continued.

"Now, I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit around while my mate and Selena are being held hostage. We have to fight back. I understand if you are unwilling to fight. But if that's the case, you have twenty four hours to go home and stay there. Protect your family. But for those of you who are willing to fight along side me in order to take back what is rightfully ours, than get ready."

After giving his speech, I expected a few people to walk out. But as I looked behind me, I saw wolves begin to stand up from all over the room. No one was moving to leave, but rather, standing in support of our Alpha. Joining the rest, I stood as my resolve burned with the same flame that was within Alpha Jordan. 

As an unsaid gesture of dismissal, Alpha Jordan nodded as he walked off of the stage. Promptly, he headed for a door slightly off to the side of the stage. Without hesitation, I quickly went to follow him. Once I entered the door, I could see that General Callen was walking along side him. As I hurried to catch up with them, I caught a bit of their conversation.

"I don't think that is the best move of action, with all due respect." General Callen reverently advised.

"I don't care, Ric. That's my wife. That's my mate! I can't imagine what is happening to both of them right now."

"But Jordan..."

"I'm sorry but it's final! I am going after Amy and Selena."

"I apologize for my intrusion," I began as respectfully as I could. Both Alpha Jordan and General Callen turned to look at me. 

Upon gaining their attention, I continued "But I think General Callen is right. Alpha, let me go after them. The pack needs you here. You have to fight along side of them. It's because of the compassion you have for them that they are willing to fight for you. Without your leadership, they might just give up."

Suddenly, I found myself doing something that I've never done before. Bowing my head in respect, I got down on one knee, "I give you my word that I will find the Luna and Selena and I will rescue them. I will give my life in order to protect the Luna and make sure that she isn't harmed. I will die before I let my cousin, Aaron kill her. Aaron took both the Luna and Selena to get at me, so technically, this is my responsibility. Alpha, send me instead. Let me end this."

There was a small silence before I heard Alpha Jordan's voice again. "Never in my life has another Alpha bowed down in submission to me."

"I'm no Alpha," I responded.

Without warning, I felt him place his hand on my shoulder. "Stand up, Josh. You have the heart of a true leader. I don't take this gesture lightly."

Slowly, I stood to my feet again until my eyes met with Alpha Jordan's once again, "I trust you completely. Follow me and General Callen to the conference room I want to discuss a strategy with you and a few other Warriors to make sure we are all on the same page."

As I nod, all three of us continue walking down the hallway. However, I began to see a clearly fuming Jake walking towards us from the other side.

It was clear that whatever was going to happen in the next few seconds could either turn out to help us, or hinder us. I just hoped that it wasn't the latter.