Chapter 17

*Selena's POV*

"Wait!" Before I could even stop myself, I had called back to him.

Stopping in his tracks, he turned back to face me as he responded, "Yeah?"

"Um, if you aren't doing anything, would you like to go eat with me before I go shopping with Nicole?"

As his eyes widened, he nodded lightly, "Sure, yeah that sounds good. What did you have in mind?"

Thinking of restaurants, I ended up defaulting on my favorite place.

"Well, there's the diner not too far from here..." I hesitantly offered.

"I'd love to go there. It's probably my favorite restaurant in this area!"

"Really? Same here!" I smiled.

Well, perhaps we have some things in common.

"Well, I'll meet you there then," he smiled in return.

"Ok!"

After we parted ways, I got in my car to drive to the diner.

Wow, this is our first date... I let that thought sink in as I pulled into the parking lot.

Once having parked, I made my way to the door as I noticed Josh walking in my direction. Although I was walking fast, he still beat me to the door. As he grabbed the handle, he opened the door and stepped aside waiting for me to walk through.

He's strangely attentive today...

You know it's bad when I can't even go one second without questioning his motives. Jogging me from my thoughts he motioned with his hand, encouraging me to walk in.

"Oh, thank you," I expressed as I entered the diner.

Drifiting towards the first table I saw, Josh followed, not far behind as we took our seats. It was strangely quiet. I was almost grateful when the waitor came to take our order.

"Hello! My name is Jon and I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with something to drink?"

"Can I get a sweet tea?" I replied.

The waitor nodded and looked to Josh.

"Same for me," he replied softly.

"Ok, I will go get those started for you." Jon smiled before leaving table.

I smiled at Josh, not really sure what to do or even say, "So..."

At that moment, I heard a light vibration that I assumed to be Josh's phone.

"One second," he stated as he reached for his phone.

As he proceeded to text, I simply glanced around the room, feeling the awkwardness continue to grow the more I sat there. I looked down at the menu, even though what I was going to order wasn't listed there anyway.

Part of me just wanted to feel like I was concentrating on something so I wouldn't have to feel awkward while I waited for him to finish texting. Before the moment grew unbearable, the waitor always came back to bail me out, increasing my joy as he approached our table.

Smiling, the waiter placed our cups in front of us, "Here are your drinks. And are you guys ready to order?"

"I'm ready," I said, almost begging for him to stay as long as possible.

Looking up from his phone, Josh stated "So am I," before placing his phone on the table.

How is he even going to order? He didn't even look at the menu once... I thought with slight irritation.