Chapter 33

*Selena​ ​POV*

Staring​ ​at​ ​the​ ​blank​ ​walls​ ​around​ ​me,​ ​I​ ​felt​ ​almost​ ​emptiness.​ ​It's​ ​almost
impossible​ ​to​ ​tell​ ​how​ ​long​ ​I've​ ​been​ ​here​ ​in​ ​this​ ​room.​ ​To​ ​me,​ ​it​ ​could​ ​have been​ ​years​ ​since​ ​I've​ ​been​ ​in​ ​this​ ​room.​ ​

I​ ​felt​ ​like​ ​I​ ​was​ ​having​ ​a​ ​hard​ ​time remembering​ ​how​ ​I​ ​got​ ​here​ ​in​ ​the​ ​first​ ​place.​ ​The​ ​more​ ​I​ ​struggled​ ​to​ ​recall, the​ ​more​ ​resistance​ ​I​ ​felt​ ​pulsating​ ​through​ ​me. 

"Oh,​ ​Selena.​​ ​You​ ​are​ ​one​ ​tough​ ​wolf​ ​to​ ​crack. If you would just relax, you would slip into a peaceful tranquility.​ I'm only trying to keep you happy..."

I can't even remember why I am fighting at this point. The only thing I am focused on is fighting.

"Though, I have to admit I'm impressed. I've​ ​never met​ ​anyone​ ​with​ ​such​ ​intense​ ​control​ ​over​ ​their​ ​mind​ ​before.​ ​The​ ​only​ ​wolves I've​ ​met​ ​who​ ​have​ ​put​ ​up​ ​such​ ​an​ ​intense​ ​mind-link​ ​block​ ​have​ all ​been​ ​Alphas."

As​ ​he​ ​was​ ​talking,​ ​I​ ​felt​ ​my​ ​mind​ ​starting​ ​to​ ​remember.

Oh​ ​yeah.​ ​Alpha​ ​Jordan​ ​taught​ ​me​ ​how​ ​to​ ​effectively​ ​put a block up.​ ​But I​ ​can't​ ​for​ ​the​ ​life​ ​of​ ​me​ ​remember​ ​why...

Slowly​ ​but​ ​surely,​ ​parts​ ​of​ ​my​ ​memory​ ​seemed​ ​to​ ​be​ ​fading​ ​away.​ ​Despite​ ​my attempts​ ​to​ ​remain​ ​calm,​ ​this​ ​feeling was​ ​causing​ ​me​ ​to​ ​panic. 

"Hmm,​ ​I​ ​must​ ​have​ ​had​ ​a​ ​slight​ ​oversight.​ ​I​ ​couldn't​ ​have​ ​possibly​ ​predicted that​ ​you​ ​would​ ​have​ ​had​ ​Alpha​ ​blood.​ ​But,​ ​lucky​ ​for​ ​you,​ ​I​ ​like​ ​a challenge."

"Stay​ ​out​ ​of​ ​my​ ​head,​ ​Aaron,"​ ​I​ ​slurred.

Suddenly,​ ​his​ ​twisted​ ​laugh​ ​could​ ​be​ ​heard​ ​right​ ​next​ ​to​ ​my​ ​ear.

"Oh?​ ​Don't​ ​like​ ​that,​ ​huh?​ ​I​ ​think​ ​I​ ​may​ ​have​ ​found​ ​something.​ ​A​ ​slight​ ​sliver of..."

Suddenly,​ ​he​ ​went​ ​quiet​ ​and,​ ​much​ ​to​ ​my​ ​horror,​ ​I​ ​saw​ ​the​ ​room​ ​began​ ​to morph​ ​and​ ​twist​ ​as​ ​if​ ​it​ ​were​ ​being​ ​melted​ ​by​ ​intense​ ​heat.

Shutting​ ​my​ ​eyes​ ​from​ ​my​ ​dizzying​ ​surroundings,​ ​I​ ​tried​ ​to​ ​stay​ ​focused​ ​on one​ ​thing.​ ​Whatever​ ​Aaron​ ​was​ ​trying​ ​to​ ​do​​ ​was​ ​starting​ ​to​ ​take​ ​an effect​ ​on​ ​me.