Epilogue

*Josh's POV*

My mind seemed to wander to 4 years ago. My heart was pounding, and my breath was ragged as I ran as fast as I could. It just wasn't fast enough. Pain unlike any I'd felt before cracked through my entire being. Something was wrong, I knew instantly. Breaking through the door, I fell to my knees. 

My world seemed to stop as I struggled to process what my eyes were seeing. As Tyler held the lifeless body of my sister June, I glanced towards her killer. Alec met my eyes with a dead, lifeless stare. Dry tears etched unimaginable pain and suffering down his cheeks. However, in a matter of seconds, another wave of pain struck me as Alec's neck was snapped. My father's hands were merciless and swift to enact judgement upon my brother. My arms caught Alec before I even realized I had moved.

"You monster!" My voice cracked as I held Alec in my arms.

Without hesitation, my father walked away. Anger built inside me as my younger brother Gabe looked down on me. Betrayal evident on his face, he too turned to leave.

"He killed our sister, Josh. He deserved to die," Gabe said.

My heart continued to race as my eyes shot open. It took me a few moments before I realized I was in my apartment. Putting my hand to my forehead, I slowly sat up from the bed.

'You have to talk to her,' my mind whispered.

*Selena's POV*

Trudging my way across the room, I finally collapsed in my bed. It feels like it's been years since I've relaxed when, in reality, it's only been 2 days. As I exhaled long and hard, I let my mind drift to the events of the day.

After a near 4 hour trip back to the pack, we were greeted by several wolves relieved that we'd made it back in one piece. However, looking around, there were a lot of wolves I didn't recognize.

Turning to Josh, I whispered, "Who are all these people?"

"We had to join with a pack north of us in order to fight off more of Aaron's forces coming from the west. Most of the people here are from Alpha Korvin's pack. Anton, the kid you met earlier is his nephew," Josh rattled off these facts smoothly.

Nodding lightly, I looked around the crowd still unable to see anyone I knew yet.

"Abby!" Anton shouted.

As Anton took off running, I noticed him run straight towards a girl in a wheelchair.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned as he threw his arms around her.

"Do you know her, Josh?" I questioned.

After a moment of hesitation, he answered, "No, I don't."

"Oh..." I answered softly.

After a moment, Anton walked towards us, "Guys, I want you to meet Abby, my Ma-"

"I'm his girlfriend. Nice to meet you all!" She cut him off as she extended her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Abby!" I smiled as I shook her hand.

"I want to thank you for keeping this guy safe. He likes to play hero without concern for his own safety," She chuckled as she tossed her thumb in his direction.