Chapter 16

*Selena's POV*

Today seemed like it was going to be a pretty day. The sun was shining and there was a nice cool breeze along with it. It may still be summer weather, but I honestly couldn't wait until fall. The weather during that time is always just perfect to me.

Having parked my car, I began the walk to the front door of the school, books in hand. Practically in my own world, I let my mind wander, when I began to think about Jake.

Is it just me or, has he seemed different? No, I'm probably over thinking things. He's my best friend and that's how he cares about me... as a friend.

Although attempting to convince myself other wise, I still felt the lingering thought that something was in fact different between us now. But, then my mind thought of Josh.

And Josh, I don't even know where to begin when thinking about him. Does he even care, or is he naturally a jerk? Why is he so frustrating and confusing?

At this moment, I heard a voice from behind me.

"Hey, Selena!"

I turned around to see Colt with Levi trailing not far behind.

"How you doing, girl? You seem a little..."

"Perplexed," Levi finished.

"Yeah, that." Colt chuckled slightly.

I managed a smile. "Yeah, I'm alright. Just kinda stressed. That's all"

"Oh, well I hear that," Colt commented, "You're coming to my party tomorrow right?"

"As long as you promise not to go crazy like last time." I teased as I lightly pushed Colt.

"Hahaha, hey. What's a Mason party if it isn't crazy?" Colt laughed but stopped short upon seeing his brother Levi giving him a disapproving look.

Colt cleared his throat and began again, "But yeah, I decided to be a bit less crazy. Plus, I invited some humans as well so-"

"How come?" I questioned conversationally, but I really was wondering.

Colt almost never invites humans to his parties. Not because he is being exclusive, but because he didn't want the humans to overact when Colt drank a lot. Being a werewolf kind of makes it harder to be affected by alcohol, but honestly, Colt always finds a way to get drunk somehow.

"Well, I decided maybe it's time I let the humans in on all the fun" Colt shrugged, but I heard Levi scoff lightly.

"Oh whatever, Colt. You know that's not the case."

Levi came closer to me as he whispered, "He's got an eye for a certain female."

Levi winked in Colt's direction.

"Nah, come on man. That's not the only reason!" Colt protested as his face seemed to turn redder.

Levi chuckled before changing the subject, "But hey, I'm glad you decided to come anyway."

"Yeah, I guess we'll be seeing you at the party then! It's not a party without my girl, Selenaaaa!!" Colt yelled out.

Slightly embarrassed by his sudden outburst, I laughed slightly, "Shhh, not so loud, Colt!"

***

Finally entering the school, I put the books I didn't need in my locker as I prepared for my English class. I was suddenly startled when I heard a loud thud next to me.