Chapter 24

*Jake's POV*

Jake....

Soft echos fill my ears as I attempt to respond. However, my body was still unresponsive. Why can't I move? What did that red wolf do to me?

Jake!

I wish I could turn and see who is calling me, but no amount of effort can break me from this paralyzing force that is keeping me down. Another voice reaches my ears prior to the guy calling me before.

Out of the way, I think I know what's wrong with him. 

Feeling a hand on my still fur covered neck, I began to feel my body relaxing and contracting. Slowly, I began transforming into my human form, but not without intense pain. 

Normally, I can transform quickly so the pain I experience is minimized to only a few seconds. However, because that red wolf did something to paralyze me, I had to endure a slow and painful transformation rather than a quick momentary pain.

Finally, I was able to move around and face the person who broke me from my petrified form. 

"Get him some clothes quickly." Galena commented to one of the warriors standing by.

Once the pain had subsided a bit, I was able to muster a few words towards Galena, "Oh, man. What happened?"

"It seems that someone somehow was able to freeze your wolf, trapping your human inside. Who ever did this to you must have had extraordinary power to achieve this successfully while keeping your mind completely active."

Full of concern, Ric questioned, "Jake, What happened?"

"We were in the middle of training when we heard your warning. Suddenly, the lights went out so I shifted before we got ambushed. Suddenly, Josh collapsed as soon as two wolves came in. I took them out easily, but then..."

I began to recall what happened as soon as the wolf came in. As Ric prodded me on, I continued.

"I saw a red wolf come in the building. I was prepared to fight him, but the wolf didn't have to make any move to attack me. Somehow, he crippled me without even touching me. He said something to the effect of not wanting me to get in the way. So I collapsed and no matter how hard I tried to fight back, I couldn't. 

I looked back at Galena who was also listening to my explanation.

"You don't know how many times I wish I could have simply passed out. But there was something horrible about remaining fully aware and awake while not being able to move a muscle."

The warrior that Galena had sent off quickly came back with a hand full of clothes that he tossed to me. I quickly slipped the shirt and shorts on before standing to my feet. Almost stumbling, Galena caught me.