Chapter 37

*Josh's POV*

As the wind whipped against my face, I came up to the first wolf in the group. In one quick motion, I was able to take him down with little to no fight. At that moment, two other wolves made their way towards me. Similar to the first wolf, it hardly seemed like a fight with how easy it was to defeat them. Looking over to Tyler, I shook my head.

'Does this seem a bit too easy to you?' 

Tyler quickly responded without hesitation, ' I was just thinking the same thing.'

Without breaking our strides, we continued to run towards the massive group huddled around the front of the building. At that moment, hundreds of wolves practically came out of nowhere, seemingly headed across the field at an angle.

'What kind of tactic is this?' Colt said.

It was only then that I realized they were headed towards Nathan.

'Someone help Nathan!' I called.

In one smooth motion, I watched Nathan's horse dissipate as he jumped high into the air. With a quick movement in reaction, he seemingly pulled a bow out of thin air and shot out at several wolves nearby attempting to surround him. As if nothing ever happened, he gracefully fell from the air as his horse reappeared underneath him. 

'Ah, looks like he has a handle on things,' Tyler said.

With a simple thumbs up from Nathan, we continued to advance closer towards the building. we finally slowed down as we took out several wolves in an attempt to draw their attention to us and not towards Anton and Levi who were coming from behind. 

Although these wolves were abnormally weak, the sheer number of them still made it difficult to keep them from overtaking us. 

"We could use some back up here..." Nathan commented.

And although I hated to admit it, I knew we couldn't keep this up for long. While we had the wolves distracted, they were able to take out the tougher wolves in the back while some of them slipped through the crowd of wolves. Before long, Anton and Levi made their way to the front to join us.

'I just saw Nicole and Jake head in through the back entrance so all we really need to do now is keep fighting them here and keep them away from the building,' Levi said. 

'Good work, guys!' I exclaimed, 'I think we can handle this for a while. There are a lot of wolves, but you were right about them being relatively weak.'

'Thank you! We'll keep working our way to you.'

With Anton and Levi now by our side, we were able to push the numbers down considerably. However, it seemed like the number of wolves never really went down. It just felt like we were fighting non-stop with no end in sight. Although we were strong, we could eventually end up exhausted if we continued at this rate. 

As I was thinking of our next plan, Tyler's voice interrupted my thoughts.

'We need to do something about this crowd. I think we are too spread out.'