part 1

Seventh year. Final Year. N.E. year. Hermione smiled, it was going to be the best year of Hogwarts because for once Voldermort would not intervene in the year. From her first year Voldermort had made an appearance in every single Hogwarts year but over the summer Harry Potter had killed Voldermort. It was over, the reign of the Dark Lord was over. Lots of different things happened during the war, some people who everyone believed were good became evil, then there were people who everyone thought were evil who weren't like Draco Malfoy, who shocked the world by turning against Voldermort and feeding information to the Order. He even saved Harry at one point.

Hermione smiled as she stood on platform nine and three quarters. She looked around to see if Harry and Ron were around, she couldn't see them. She caught up with Neville, Luna, Dean, Seamus and Lavender. To Hermione's surprise Lavender was different this year, more calmed, still the girly girl but more...relaxed. I guess everyone is relaxed, now Voldermort's gone. Hermione smiled and just as she was about to get on the train she heard her name.

"HERMIONE!" a small voice called.

Hermione turned to see Ginny Potter head towards her. She ran at Hermione and hugged her best friend tightly. Hermione had spent a lot of the time at the Burrow in the summer, after all her parents were no longer in the world, why spend the summer alone? Molly and Arthur Weasley had taken her in last year after her parents died, a whole summer ago. This year Hermione went to her parents house for the last week of the summer, she faced her fears.

"Ginny!" Hermione grinned hugging her. "Where's Ron and Harry?"

"Their coming, lets get a compartment and you can fill me in on the last week!" Ginny smiled as they got on the train. "So how was it?"

"I can't believe it took me a year to return but yea it was ok," Hermione smiled.

"That's all I'm going to get out of you isn't it?" Ginny asked.

"Yes," Hermione grinned.

Ginny rolled her eyes, "Fine, I'm not pushing you but when you wanna talk about it, I'm here."

"Thanks Gin."

Just then Ron and Harry entered the compartment, they began to ask Hermione about the last week but Ginny shut them up. Hermione smiled at her best friends, they finally had a normal year to look forward to.

Over the summer Ron had become even more taller, and thinner. Harry had surprisingly become tall as well but not as tall as Ron. Ron who was around 6ft 2. Ginny had changed the most, her red hair had deepened in colour, so it didn't look all red and gingerly like every other Weasley, it was darker and prettier. Hermione herself believed she hadn't changed but she had. Her bushy hair had calmed down a lot, it was now light brown hair in soft curls. She had a perfect hour glass figure, guys would call her gorgeous, she saw herself as ugly.

"So how come Dumbledore ain't appointed heads this year?" Ron asked.

Hermione shrugged, "I just got a letter saying there will be no heads this year and if there was I would have been the head girl."

"That is so weird, there's always a head girl and boy!" Ginny said shocked.

"Maybe there's something else going on," Harry replied relaxing in his seat, Ginny leaned on him.

"Like?" Ginny asked.

"I dunno," Harry laughed.

They spent the rest of the train ride laughing, it was a happy start as they headed into the Great Hall. Dumbledore said a few words after the sorting ceremony.

"Students welcome back to another year at Hogwarts, this is the first year after the fall of Voldermort," Dumbledore smiled. "This is a second chance for everyone. For those of you who fought in the war, thank you. However not everyone survived, lets have a minute silence for those who weren't lucky enough to survive," Dumbledore said. Everyone was silent, there were a few tears shed and then Dumbledore spoke again. "This year is a big year for fifth year students who will be taking their O.W.L.S. For sixth and Seventh years, the N.E.W.T.s are upon you. As you all can tell there is no Head Boy or Head Girl this year, I will explain that at a later date. For now, let the feast begin!"