part 4

Hermione had her second Charms class on Tuesday morning and then Ancient Runes and just before lunch Herbology. In the afternoon after lunch she waited in the common room for Ginny who had forgotten her quills. Ginny grabbed her bag and they headed to the hall for Life Class.

"So you might drop Arithmancy?" Ginny asked.

"Yea my timetable's too full, I don't get enough free periods, I wanna sit the N.E.W.T but I know all of it, there's no point going to the lesson. I'm going to ask McGonagall if I can do that," Hermione said.

"Cool," Ginny smiled. "Lets hope you and Malfoy don't kill each other in this class. I'm surprised Harry and him ain't attacking each other."

"Yea because they fought on the same side during the war, they got a long a little," Hermione said.

They entered the hall. There were no desks but the hall were full of two seater couches and at the top of the stage stood Professor Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape.

After a few minutes Dumbledore began to talk, "First I want every couple to sit on one of these rather comfy sofas."

Hermione sighed as she walked over to Draco who had already sat on one of the sofas without her, she sat beside him, trying to keep the space between them wide.

"Good," Dumbledore smiled. "This class hasn't just been made because of the Marriage Law but it has been a factor. These classes you will have this year will help you deal with the changes in the Wizarding world. Half of you will leave after this year, the other half will leave next year, either way the world is now different. There have been many changes to deal with Voldermort's actions. One is the new law. Up until Christmas majority of these classes will focus on marriage," Dumbledore smiled. He continued after a bit. "You all know the person you are sitting next to, will be your spouse. Now this is probably not how you all imagined you will marry but it is happening. Marriage can be a beautiful thing, full of love, bliss, happiness. Today I'm not going to stand here and tell you what marriage is. I want you and your partner to communicate. For the first few minutes I want you to talk to each other. If you sit in silence me or Professor McGonagall or Professor Snape will notice and we will force you to talk if we have to."

Everyone slowly started talking to their partner.

Hermione looked at Draco who was sitting there lazily. Hermione sighed and leaned back.

"So..." Draco said as Snape came towards them.

Hermione followed his gaze, "So um, what's your favourite colour?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"It's a question," she said. "Snape's coming, just answer," she whispered.

"Green. You?"

"Red," Hermione replied.

"Typical Gryffindor."

"What and green doesn't make you a typical Slytherin?" Hermione asked.

"You know what Granger..." Draco sat up and faced her when Snape coughed.

Draco sighed, "Fine, favourite food?"

"Um, Lamb chops," Hermione said.

"Me too," Draco was completely shocked that they had something in common.

Snape walked on.

"Good he's gone," Hermione rested.

Draco didn't say anything, he was happy to sit there until Dumbledore took to the stage once again.

"Brilliant!" Dumbledore smiled. "Hope there were some interesting conversations. Next you will be given a book with a few charms and spells in them, take a few minutes to look over them." Dumbledore flocked his wand and the books fell onto everyone's laps.