part 29

He had cheated on her, Hermione was sure of it. She didn't know what to do, she just sat there on the bed clutching the letter. The tears weren't falling and Hermione momentarily wondered why she wasn't crying. She wanted to cry, she felt her world crumble, but a part of her, a very small part didn't believe this letter. There was something nagging at her to not believe this letter...maybe it was wishful thinking. When Draco strolled in, she wanted to shout at him but didn't, when he leaned in to kiss her, she wanted to turn her head but didn't. Then he looked into her eyes.

"Hermione," he whispered. "What's wrong?"

She didn't say anything. She was frozen.

Draco looked at her up and down, his eyes rested on the letter, he gently tugged it out of her hand.

X

The black cat, better known as Bellatrix, grinned devilishly, this was perfect and she was getting to see it.

X

Draco read the letter, his expression turned from shock to confusion and back again.

"Hermione, I have no idea..." Draco started.

"Please don't lie to me," Hermione whispered weakly. "Please...at least be honest..."

"No...I swear...please Hermione, I haven't cheated I swear!"

Hermione turned to stare at him, "I'm asking you to be honest. I'm giving you a chance! DON'T LIE TO ME!"

Draco went pale, he was on the verge of losing her, yet he didn't do anything, "Give me a truth potion, give me anything, I swear I didn't..."

"I thought you were different," Hermione whispered weakly. "You're not are you..."

"No..."

"I really wanted us to work you know..."

"I do too, we can work..."

"This explains the Ron situation."

"What's Weasel got to do with this?"

"You forgave me quickly for that, you just went and punched him and nothing more nothing less. It wasn't because Blaise was listening was it, you were guilty so you..."

"Don't you dare," Draco's voice was stern. "I have done nothing wrong."

Hermione got up and wandered to the window, "My dad cheated on my mum once you know. Just a one night stand."

Draco watched her as she talked.

"I never wanted to be like that, I never wanted to be a door mat. She forgave my dad but I'm not like her."

Draco read the letter, "Babe..."

"Don't babe me."

"No I mean the letter says Tuesday night," Draco smirked.

Hermione turned to him, "What?"

"Since we got back, what have we been doing Tuesday nights," Draco asked.

"Potions," Hermione answered.

"And before the holidays what did we do Tuesdays?"

Hermione felt stupid, "I'm going to kill someone."

Draco lost his smirk, "Someone did this on purpose."

X

Bellatrix clawed the floor, she was hiding carefully. Her students had failed her and she needed revenge.

X

Hermione looked at Draco, "Draco...I'm so sorry...there was a part of me that wanted to believe you but then my mum came into my head and..."