part 27

"A party?" Lavender shrieked reading the invitation.

"What's this about a party?" Draco asked as he and Hermione came out of the bedroom the following afternoon.

"Dumbledore is throwing a kind of welcome back party on Saturday night!" Lavender grinned. "And he didn't even mention anything at breakfast!"

"Cool!" Draco smiled.

Ginny came running in through the common room door followed by Harry.

"I'M GOING TO KILL HER! WHY DID YOU STOP ME?" Ginny shouted at Harry.

"She's younger than you, and I think killing a student means you're expelled and Azkaban!" Harry replied.

"What happened?" Hermione asked.

"ROMILDA VANE HAPPENED! STUPID BITCH TRIED TO KISS HARRY! MY HARRY! WHO THE FUCK DOES SHE THINK SHE IS! STUPID STUPID TROLL FACED SLAG!" Ginny was screaming.

"Gin, calm down," Lavender said softly. "Come on relax."

Ginny took a few deep breaths.

"Calm?" Harry asked.

"Yes," Ginny replied.

"Out of curiosity what were you planning?" Hermione asked once they were all seated.

"I was planning to practice every jinx I knew," Ginny smiled.

"If I was you, I'd Avada her," Hermione said softly.

"Hermione! Don't give her ideas," Harry warned.

Draco on the other hand was smirking, "Must mean a lot to you, if you'd Avada a chick over me."

Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Nice idea, next time I see her..." Ginny smirked.

"Gin! Don't you dare!" Harry warned her.

"Why not?" Ginny demanded.

"Because if I wanted her I would've kissed her wouldn't I? So what's the point of you getting expelled and us not spending the year together!" Harry explained calmly.

"True, but I am going to jinx her, if I get myself detention, oh well!" Ginny smiled.

"Don't do it today, you'll get detention tomorrow night and there's a party," Draco told her.

"Party?" Ginny asked. "I need a new dress!"

"You didn't even ask where the party is!" Hermione laughed.

"Oh yea where?"

"Here, well not here," Hermione started.

"Great Hall, Dumbledore wants to throw a welcome back party," Draco cut in.

"Cool!" Ginny grinned. "I have no classes today neither do the two of you!" Ginny looked at Lavender and Hermione.

"I don't like where this is going!" Hermione moaned.

"Luna's back in about fifteen minutes so we can ask to go Hogsmeade and get new dresses!" Ginny grinned. "I'll go ask McGonagall!"

Before anyone could say anything, she ran out of the door.

"That wife of yours, a little...overactive isn't she?" Draco smirked.

"Yes, and that's why I love her," Harry smiled.

Hermione and Draco smiled at him, yet neither looked at the other. Lavender soon dragged Hermione to the side.

"Listen Lavender I have to tell you something," Hermione started before Lavender could speak. "You've become one of my closest friends and I can't keep this from you."