part 22

When Hermione woke up Christmas morning, she assumed she was the first up at seven in the morning. Draco was asleep beside her when she woke and showered, by half past seven she was downstairs in her casual gear. She knew she had to dress up for Christmas lunch but it wasn't yet. She nearly screamed with shock, when she saw what was happening in the kitchen. Tonks was half asleep sitting on the breakfast stool, with her head down on the bar, her hair was changing from pink to blue continuously. Hermione noticed a coffee cup by her head.

In the kitchen, Molly and Narcissa were taking out pots and pans while Andromeda and Kelly were stirring something in a few huge pots. Angelina (Fred's wife), Katie (George's wife), Fleur and Jennifer (Charlie's wife) were all chopping up onions and tomatoes etc.

"Hermione dear!" Narcissa smiled. "Make the salad."

Hermione too shocked to argue, nodded and began to make the salad, "Wait... for how many am I making it for?"

"Well," Molly began. "Me, Arthur, Charlie, Jennifer, Tina (Charlie and Jennifer's daughter), Bill, Fleur, Victoria, Percy, Penelope, Fred, George, Angelina, Katie, Ron, Lavender, Ginny, Harry, Narcissa, Draco, you, Andromeda, Tonks, Lupin, Teddy, Sirius and Sirius's new girlfriend, Lauren Greengrass. That makes, twenty seven, oh and of course Kelly and Fredrick, twenty nine."

Hermione nodded. Twenty nine that was a lot, not to mention Fleur, Angelina and Katie were eating for two.

"I'm up!" Tonks said randomly.

"Well dear help Her..." Andromeda said but Tonks had fallen asleep again.

"It's fine Andromeda, I can do the salad on my own," Hermione smiled when Ginny entered the kitchen.

"Sorry I woke up late! Not to mention I had to try and wake Harry," Ginny muttered.

"Where is he?" Hermione asked.

"He'll wake in an hour, I'll get him after I help with the cooking and of course I need to change." Ginny sighed. "Merry Christmas all!"

"Merry Christmas," they all chorused, everyone then returned to work. Ginny began to help Hermione with the salad.

"How's married life?" Hermione asked. "And how was the honeymoon."

"Honeymoon, well lets just say we never left the hotel," Ginny smirked. "And married life, never leave home."

Hermione laughed, "Ginny!"

"What?" Ginny giggled. "Trust me it'll be like that for you too."

Hermione smiled, "Mmm."

"Dirty cow enough with the fantasies," Ginny smirked.

"Funny, very funny," Hermione replied cutting the tomatoes.

"What's wrong with Tonks?" Ginny asked.

"Tonks, no clue," Hermione replied.

"Tonks had a long night with Teddy," Fleur explained. "Up all night with nightmares."

"Poor thing," Ginny said.

"You can tell her she might as well go get some sleep, there's rooms if she wants one," Hermione offered.

"You know what Tonks is like," Fleur replied. "Je lui donnerai un essai."

Fleur walked away and Ginny looked at Hermione, "She'll try."

Ginny nodded, "How do you know French by the way?"

"Malfoys' all know French so I learnt it in my spare time."

"Man you are smart!" Ginny smirked.

"Yea but Draco doesn't know I know French," Hermione grinned as Draco entered the kitchen confused.