part 8

Draco had been civil to Hermione until the weekend, he did feel a bit awkward that he had shown weakness in front of her but she didn't seem to mind. On Saturday morning everyone was in the common room.

"Granger, we leave after lunch," Draco said to her as he got up to leave the common room.

"Right," Hermione said not looking up and continuing to work.

Draco and Blaise left.

"Where you two going?" Ginny asked.

"Ring shopping," Hermione replied.

"Cool!" Lavender grinned. "Are you getting the ring during the Hogsmeade trip?"

"I think so, not sure. Are you lot coming Hogsmeade?" Hermione asked.

"Yea," Ron replied. "Get away from this revision."

"What kind of ring you going to get?" Ginny asked.

"Dunno," Hermione sat up. "Let me see yours."

Ginny showed her the ringer on her finger. It was a gold band and a large diamond, not too large. Lavender also had a gold band, her diamond was smaller then Ginny's but just as beautiful.

"Luna, do you have a ring yet?" Hermione asked.

"No we're getting it today as well," Luna replied.

Hermione smiled at her. She didn't even know how to go ring shopping, she was confused. After lunch everyone met outside the School to leave for Hogsmeade. Hermione looked around.

"Where is he?" Harry asked.

"Maybe he got lost," Ron laughed.

"No he's not an idiot," Hermione said. Why was she defending him?

"I know I'm not," Draco's voice came as he appeared.

"Where you been?" Blaise asked. "Our carriage is about to leave."

"And we waited for you!" Ginny said a little angry.

"Sorry about that, I had an owl," Draco looked at Hermione. "You know you all shouldn't have waited for us. We're not going Hogsmeade."

"WHAT?" Everyone else said.

"Then where exactly are you going?" Ron asked.

"Surprise," Draco smirked at Hermione. "Look Hogsmeade has a few good jewellers but there's somewhere better."

"Where?" Hermione asked.

"When we apparate there, I'll let you know," Draco again smirked.

"How can I apparate there, if I don't know where 'there' is?" Hermione asked.

"I said 'we' not just you," Draco said. "I'll apparate us there." Then he turned to everyone else, "Sorry to make you wait, we'll see you tonight."

"Right," Blaise said looking confused.

They waved to Draco and Hermione who were the only ones left behind.

"Malfoy, where we going?" Hermione asked.

Draco remained silent, he wrapped his arm around her waist, "Hold on."

Hermione held onto him as they apparated. When they had reached their destination. Hermione looked around. Diagon Alley. Then she saw the jewellers in front of her, Gibbons Diamonds.

"There like the best jewellers in the world," Hermione whispered.

"Yea I know," Draco grinned at her amusement. He led her into the jewellers. There were counters full of jewellery, by each counter there was one sales assistant, the whole shop was completely white.