part 10

Hermione woke up Saturday morning. She turned around, the other bed was empty. She got up. I'm eighteen today. She got out of bed, the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw match had been postponed till Tuesday night as half the Ravenclaw team had fallen ill.

Hermione got into the shower, when she came out there were two boxes on her bed. She opened the first one which was wrapped in pink. She pulled it open, it was a pink party dress. It had spaghetti straps and a low back, not too low only a quarter of the way down. Hermione examined it, it would reach above her knees. It looked small, meaning it would hug her figure tightly. She smiled and put it down.

She then opened the second box. It contained, a blue strapless top, black three quarter jeans and a short black jacket. Hermione smiled, there was a card on it.

This one is from me and Lavender, wear it during the day. Happy Birthday.

Ginny x

There was a note on the first present. She read it:

Happy Birthday, this is for you to wear tonight, hope you like it.

DM

She smiled. She changed into the jeans and top. She used her wand to make her hair straight for the day and headed into the common room.

She heard Draco whistle, which made her turn red.

"You look nice," he offered.

"Thanks," Hermione smiled. "Where are the others?"

"You think their going to be awake at this hour?" Draco snorted.

Hermione laughed, "Ok maybe not."

Draco was sitting on the sofa, "We'll wait for them then we'll go breakfast."

Hermione nodded.

He got up and kissed her on the cheek, "Happy Birthday."

"Thanks," she mumbled, he went back to the sofa with his book. "Thanks for the dress."

"You like it?" Draco asked.

"Yea I love it!" Hermione smiled sitting on another sofa.

"Glad, I didn't know if pink was your colour but I thought you'd look nice in it," Draco smiled.

"I like pink sometimes," Hermione smiled. "I definitely like the pink dress!"

"Glad you do."

They sat silently for a while, Hermione's mind began to wonder, her thoughts were interrupted by Draco.

"You ok?" he asked.

She nodded.

"What's wrong?"

"I...I just wish my parents were here," Hermione sighed. "Being eighteen in the muggle world is like being seventeen in the wizarding world."

"Oh," Draco said. "I bet they wouldn't want you to be miserable on this day."

"No your right," Hermione smiled. She was blocking it all out.

"You can talk about them if you want, I'm a good listener."

"Not today," Hermione smiled.

Ginny came down the stairs, "Hermione!" She jumped on her. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Lavender came out of her room, yawning, "HERMIONE!" she ran up to her and hugged her as well. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

"I think I've gone deaf," Draco said.

"Makes two of us," Harry said as he came down the stairs. "Happy birthday Hermione."

"Thanks!" Hermione said. "Gin, Lavender, get off! Can't breathe!"