1

quick dedication to Zayn. gonna miss you in one direction bb. it'll never be the same. hope you're well xx

1.

The second the bell rang was the second I was out of my chair and out of the door. My books were tightly grasped in my hands as I weaved through the tall people, trying not to get hurt or shoved. I loved my Art Advanced Class but it was really unfortunate how it was on the other side of the school from where I would come from at this point in the day. People were already clearing out, going to their last special and I was nearly there. This school was massive, populous, and annoying.

I turned one of the last corners and suddenly bumped into a built male figure that sent me flying to the floor with the speed I was going at. Please, no. Please, no. Please, no, I pleaded in my mind as I recognized the shoes. My eyes slowly made eye contact with the person and I silently cursed for not being fast enough.

"God, Smalls." The person said venomously, "Watch where you're going next time." I nodded, nervously and began picking up the papers that had fell out of his hands when I ran into him. "I don't need your help." He spat at me. Forcefully, he grabbed my wrist and tugged me upwards, making me stand up. He grabbed my collar and pushed me against the locker off the ground.

Zayn Malik. The biggest bully of them all. He reminded me of a lion, walking around the place like he owned it and he practically ran this school. King of the jungle.

Everyone always did what he said because they knew that he could easily knock them out with one good punch. Even a bad punch could probably knock anyone out. His grip around my shirt collar choked me and I was having trouble breathing. But, you know, who cares if the girl's only dying?

"Listen here, Smalls. I was already irritated with my teacher and you just have to piss me off even more." Zayn said to me. I closed my eyes and exhaled, ready to be physically or mentally abused.

Here it comes...slap.

I felt the red mark on my cheek already as he dropped me on the ground. On hand rested on my throbbing face and the other one held me up on the floor. The footsteps informed me that Zayn was gone and that I was free to stand up. I ignored the immense amount of pain on my face and stood up, commencing my walk to class once again. At least I didn't walk into Harry or Louis. That would've been absolute agony with Harry's strong hands and Louis' powerful words.

"El, I think we went the wrong way. Gym is over there...right?"

I froze in my path and instantly identified the voice coming nearer. "We're not going to class yet. Besides, you don't have gym now. I do. You're suppose to go to Art." I heard. I need to get to class but they were in the way. Eleanor and Perrie both turned the corner in their heels and didn't even notice me until my shoe squeaked on the floor. "Oh hey, Smalls, I didn't smell you over there." Eleanor approached me with her Starbucks cup and a smirk.

Stand here and get abused by Eleanor and Perrie and be late for class again or run and take the beating later?

I turned sharply and made my way quickly and hastily down the hallway. Of course it was the last one next to the exit. I felt a scorching hot pain on my back and stopped speeding down. I contained the scream that almost came out of my mouth and hissed in pain. I heard Eleanor letting out that little squeaky laugh of hers while Perrie's heels clicked closer to me. She said something to me but I learned how to tune them out. She scratched me before turning away and joining Eleanor again. Her scratch is her signature thing.

I wanted to just lay there, fall asleep, then never wake up. That would be a lot better than living here. I felt like it was time to give up. Let them win. What could I do? There weren't not many options left.