7

7.

I wrinkled my nose in disapproval at what I drew. Usually, I just drew whatever came to mind and what came to mind was Taylor Lautner. I messed up his nose and then he looked like a dog with a snout.

"No," I took out my eraser and took out the face, ready to try again. Buzz trotted down the stairs and hopped on the couch. I glanced at the clock to see that it was eleven at night. I should be going to sleep now, I thought. I put my drawing supplies on the table and walked up the stairs.

I opened the door to my room and it smelled like perfume everywhere. I didn't spray perfume. I walked to my dresser, where all my sprays and body mists were located and there was a little sticky note left beside my Coconut Passion perfume. 'Wear this one. It smells nice. :) -Zayn' I read. I walked to my bed to see my precious phone laying on top of my pillow. "My baby!" I leaped for it.

There was another note on it, 'I managed to get the phone back from Perrie. You're welcome :)' it said. I smiled and reminded myself to thank him later. I checked to see if anything was wrong with it only to see that there were a bunch of selfies of them all and some of my pictures were deleted to create storage space for their pictures. I saved them all to my computer anyways. Then I saw a text.

'Testing...' From Zayn.

Great now he had my number.

* * * * *

I sat in the library of the school with Zayn sitting across from me. It was my free period and Zayn was suppose to be in some other class but wasn't. "So next question..." I looked down at the paper. We only did four questions so far and this is due on Tuesday. Twenty six left. "Where were you born?" I looked up at Zayn.

"Bradford."

I wrote that down on my paper and said, "Montreal. Best friends? Liam." I answered immediately.

Zayn opened his mouth and then closed it, "Uh...well Harry, Louis, Niall, Andy, Sandy, and Dan. Probably the top five." I rethought what he had just said.

"That was six." Both of us lightly chuckled, mine more nervous and airy. "Moving on, favorite artists?"

"Ladies first."

"Fine. I like Vincent Van Gogh." I answered.

"I was gonna say Chris Brown but I guess were not talking about music...I'm gonna go with Picasso, I like how he's abstract." He shrugged, "I'll read the next question. Favorite food? I like chicken."

I thought of all the food that I was in love with, "Uh...tacos." I answered.

"Nicolette, relax. I really not going to do anything." Zayn stated. I looked up at him with a confused look. "First, you're basically pushing yourself against the back of the chair to stay as far away as possible. Second, you're really tense."

I didn't think I was that obvious. "Sorry, I'm just having a really hard time trying to befriend you. I don't know. It takes a lot for me to trust someone but at the same time it's really easy to and I don't want to make any mistakes." I shrugged. I wasn't trying to trust him so easily because I knew exactly what he was up to but he didn't show any sign of lying yet.

He stared at me for a minute. "Take all the time you need." He grinned at me. "Next one. Favorite sport. Easy, I like soccer. You?"

"Swim, I guess. Next question. What's your favorite color? Mines purple." I stated, bringing my legs up to sit in criss-cross applesauce.

"Uh...I don't know. Just put blue or something."

I looked at the clock and I saw that the period was almost over. We still had like twenty or so to go. "How about we meet up at your house later on to finish this and then we make Jane?" Zayn suggested, standing up after following my gaze. I blinked and something hit me in the eye. I covered my eye and winced.