14

14.

Ding dong ding! I made a groaning sound and flipped off the bed. I landed with a thud and stood up to my feet. I walked to the door and ran straight into it. Opening the door, I walked through and went down the stairs. I went down the next set of stairs and opened the front door, wiping my eyes. Zayn was standing there with a big smile and a large bouquet of red roses. "Happy Valentine's Day, Nikki!" He hugged me and kissed my cheek. I hugged him back and took the roses from him. "Oh, you look nice." Zayn laughed. I looked down at my outfit and saw that I wasn't even wearing pants, just an extra large tee and fluffy socks. My hair was in a complete messy bun that was now lopsided and loose on the side of my head.

"Thanks." I yawned. "Sorry, I didn't know you were coming this early." I looked at my watch and saw that I didn't have a watch. Where the heck were all my watches? "Isn't it like eight?" I looked around to find a clock somewhere.

"It's eleven thirty. I asked what time I should come but you didn't answer so I showed up now. I hope that's okay." He put down two containers on the kitchen table and I followed him. I nodded and mumbled a sure. "What're these bruises?" He looked at me and brushed his thumb across all the ancient marks on my face. Those bruises have been there forever and haven't faded yet so I usually just cover them with makeup.

"Y'know. Just...bruises." I shrugged, sitting down. Basically what I'm saying is that these bruises are from you and your stupid friends. "So do you want coffee or tea?" I questioned.

"Tea, please. I don't like coffee."

I made both of us a cup of tea and went to change my clothes. I put on a large sweater that had a big heart on it with my black leggings and my slippers. I braided my hair into a fishtail and walked back downstairs to see a giant fort. "What's this?" I laughed.

"I made a fort while you were upstairs." He grinned. I was only upstairs for a short amount of time to brush my teeth, face, get dressed, and do my hair and makeup. He opened parted the blankets and I saw the coziest looking thing. There was a thick blanket laying on the floor, pillows everywhere, a laptop with Netflix opened up on top of a pillow, popcorn, brownies, cookies, more tea, and there were little flashlights around so you could see. "You like it?" He asked a little nervously.

"I love this." I entered and sat down on a pillow. Zayn sat beside me and smiled at me. "This is so perfect." I laid down on my stomach. We say for a few minutes to decide on a movie and we picked Liar Liar. While it was starting up, I took in the scenery. It was so colorful since he used any blanket he find. I took a sip of the hot tea and the movie started.

* * *

After watching three movies, my eyes were hurting. We both sat up in the fort and he unwrapped his arm from around me. We kind of did a wee bit of cuddling in here while watching the scarier movie. "What do you wanna do now?" I asked Zayn and he shrugged.

"Well, I sort of have to use that bathroom, so I'll be right back." Zayn attempted to stand up but he fell right back down, taking me with him. Everything happened so fast and I don't even know what's happening. I opened my eyes to feel a body on top of mine. His brown eyes were looking back at mine with an apologetic look, "Oh, I'm so sorry, that was a complete...accident." He stared deeply into my eyes, his hands on either side of my head. Zayn was straddling me as his hands found their way to my cheeks.

For some reason, I wasn't stopping him as his face came closer to mine. My hands reached for his neck and pulled him closer to me. I don't know why I'm doing this, it's like I'm under a spell. Finally, his lips met mine and his lips are softer than they look. Our lips moved in sync and they fit together like two puzzle pieces. I ignored the pain in my head from the fall as Zayn pulled my body against his even more. His tongue swiped across my lower lip and I slowly opened my mouth, letting it in.