12

12.

"Blah, blah, blah, blah. Blah-blah, blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah." History was a blur. My head was pounding and I barely even cared enough to listen. There shouldn't have even been any history classes; whatever happened in the past, happened in the past. Ms. Post read more from the book on her desk and wrote some more notes on the board. I lazily copied them down before I heard the fire alarm.

Hallelujah!

I stood up with all of my things and walked out of the class. I accidentally bumped into a big guy with a tattoo. I looked up and was about to apologize before I realized that it was Colton. "Sorry, Colton."

He looked down at me and a smile formed on his face. "I meant to tell you this. Dandelion, getting badder and badder each day. Starting food fights and now dating one of the toughest kids in school. I like you." He playfully shoved me but with his muscles, a playful shove was a real shove. I fell into a freshman. "Oh, sorry."

We walked outside beside each other and I thought I was actually making a friend. What a twist in things. "I can't wait until the day you decide to punch Perrie Edwards in the face. She deserves it for being so rude towards you." Colton told me.

"Y'know, for being all tough and stuff, you're pretty nice." I stated. Colton nodded and then shrugged.

"I'm nice to nice people. Like you for example. Plus, I respect women, unlike some people." He glanced over at Harry, Louis, and Zayn. "Don't ever tell anyone I said this, though." He gave me a threatening look and I instantly said okay. I really didn't want to get on this guy's bad side.

Apparently, this wasn't a drill and there was really a fire in the kitchen. Finally, we could go back inside. "I'll talk to you later, Nicolette." Colton pat my back.

"Okay, bye." I waved to him as I looked at my watch. It's already lunch time. I was completely fine with that so I just walked to the cafeteria. Liam was quick to find me in the crowd of students. "Hey, Li. I haven't seen you all day. What's up?"

"You know Maz? He sits like at that large table with Dani?" He asked me. I nodded and he continued. "He asked me to sit with them and they said I could bring you along. Do you think I should or...?"

"I think you should. Show them the funny Liam that I know and you'll make friends fast." I smiled at him. I turned around and started walking in the opposite direction.

"Wait, where are you going?" He took my hand.

"Outside. I'm gonna go draw underneath that tree. It's peaceful outside." I shrugged. I didn't want to sit alone at lunch because that was boring.

"I don't think you heard me." Liam paused, pulling me back towards the cafeteria. "You can come too." He grinned.

"Nah. Pass." I turned around, "They're not my type of people. You go have fun, Liam, go on." I beckoned towards the cafeteria and he hesitantly walked with them to that table.

I made it outside and sat at the thick tree. The grass was cold underneath me but I didn't mind. I always kept my sketch book in my bag with my pencils. I looked out in the distance to see nothing to draw. I've drawn everything out here one time or another. Maybe I'll just make another abstract. Or I can draw from memory. I'll draw Mike.

I started on his chin and made his head shape. To make sure it wasn't just a floating head, I made the neck and shoulders. He would always be smiling a smile that reached his eyes, making his dimples show and eyes crinkle. His big brown eyes were filled with love and care...

I figured I should stop now before I began crying on the paper. Instead of overthinking all his great features, I just drew what I remembered. To me, it looked just like him. Well, except for the stitches, bruises, and scars on his face but I liked the healthy Mike better. I was sure everyone preferred that.