26

let's pretend that their birthdays all add up to eighteen years old ok.

26.

It was March twenty fourth and I was on the phone with Zayn while getting ready for school. We had just passed our three week anniversary; I only keep track of that in my head, though. Were not the type to have anniversary presents every week. "How did you like your birthday yesterday?" he questioned.

"It was amazing!" I smiled. Yesterday, I turned eighteen and it was just the best birthday I've had in a long time.

**Twenty four hours earlier**

I woke up to the lovely voice of Liam. He was singing like an angel. I love his voice. "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Nikki. Happy birthday to you." he leaned over and pressed his lips against my forehead.

I opened my eyes and smiled. He was carrying a plate full of waffles that were covered in whipped cream and chocolate chips. He knows me so well. "You're so cute." I sat up in my bed. "Thank you so much, Liam." I hugged him. "I love you. A lot."

"You deserve the best, babe. I love you too." he grinned. "Finally eighteen years old. Wow."

"I know." I excitedly took a bite of my waffle. It was early and a Tuesday, but I didn't care. It's my birthday. They usually don't end well, but this year I have a great boyfriend, new friends - like two - and Liam. But Liam's there every year to make it great.

The phone began ringing and I went to answer it. "Hello?" I questioned.

"Word on the street is that my little princess is turning eighteen." a deep voice told me.

"Dad." I forced a giggle. "That word is correct. The big 1-8."

"You're getting old, sweetie. Happy birthday from your mother and I!"

"You're like forty seven! I'm no where near old! And thanks, dad." I smiled. We didn't talk for long and I hung up later on. "What should I wear?" I asked Liam. He walked into my walk-in closet and he looked around.

He exited with an oversized gray sweater, an infinity scarf, leggings, and flats. "This outfit totally says 'today is my birthday and I'm a beautiful person'!"

"Thank you. Now get out." I whipped him with my leggings before changing into my outfit. I curled the ends of my hair to make it a little more fancy and did my makeup. Not too much, though, because Zayn prefers less on me so people can see my 'natural beauty'. "Let's go. You ready?"

"Yeah, let's go."

When we got to school, I was shoving things in my locker when two muscular arms snaked themselves around my waist and pulled me against their body. "Happy birthday, gorgeous." Zayn kissed my neck gently, causing my heart to flutter.

I smiled very widely before turning around and pressing my lips against his. "Thank you, hot stuff." I said.

"You look cute today." he laced his fingers with mine and we sat down on one of the benches. "It gives me a great view of your butt." he joked. Ever since he told me that people were looking at my butt, he always jokes around like that.

"Shut up." I laughed. "The last thing I want today is to be flirted with by gross sophomores who have an obsession with girls in leggings." I scrunched up my face; it's happened before and Zayn got really protective. "But, I'm gonna enjoy today no matter what. It's already perfect."

"You're perfect." he kissed me on the forehead. "Oh, I got you a card!" he handed one to me. It was hand made - which was so much better - and it said, 'Happy Birthday, baby girl' on the outside. On the inside, there was a drawing of Zayn and I. I remember taking a picture like that on his phone a couple of weeks ago so he must've just drew it. It was great. It said: