13

13.

I simply responded, "Oh." while staring at the blank TV screen. I shouldn't have even asked any questions because now things were awkward between us again, not that we were cool before. I cleared my throat silently and crossed my legs.

Zayn scratched the back of his head. "You probably don't like me back the slightest, but I was just hoping that you'd say yes." He told me.

"I'll say yes..." I murmured and Zayn looked at me with astonishment written on his face.

"You will?"

"Yes. But only as friends since we both have no one to hang out with. I really don't think dating is the best thing to do and no offense, I just don't like you that way. And I don't think you do either, personally." I said. "So what do you want to do? Because I'll do whatever, as long as were not in public." He could easily humiliate me in public so that was a big fat no-no.

"We can just have a movie marathon and I wouldn't care, like I said before." Zayn shrugged and turned on the TV. "It depends on what you want to do." He glanced at me.

"Movie marathons are fine, lets do that." I nodded as he flipped through channels. I picked up my vibrating phone and Liam's name popped up. 'Sorry we hardly talked today babe.' He told me.

'Its completely fine Li. As long as you're making some friends I'm happy.' I responded as Zayn turned on Mean Girls 2. "Ew, no. This movie sucks and it's ten times worse that the first Mean Girls." I stated.

"Is it? I've never seen it before." Zayn flipped it to Thor.

"I didn't like it."

My phone buzzed again and I looked down to see that Liam had answered, 'So what's uppp?' 'I'm just hanging out with Zayn. I have something to tell you. Is now good or should I wait?'

I wanted to tell him about the Zayn thing and how were hanging out on Saturday. I knew how he didn't want me hanging out with him because he thought that I would begin trusting him and then get hurt again. "Oh, I have to go. My mom wants me to watch my little sister today." Zayn stood up.

"Okay. I'll see you later then." I looked up at him. Zayn leaned down and hugged me goodbye before grabbing his things and walking out. I didn't think a hug was necessary but whatever. 'What is it? Tell me.' Liam responded. 'Zayn asked me out and were hanging out on Valentine's day.' I texted back to him. I saw the "read" sign show up and the little message bubble thing that showed that the person was texting back.

'You're gonna try dating Zayn now? I'm not gonna try and stop you if you like the boy but I'm going to warn you. He is not to he trusted since he put you through so much pain.' Liam said. Maybe I should have worded it differently because I knew Liam sometimes took things the wrong way. 'Noooo I don't like him like that but apparently he likes me like that. He wanted to hang out on Valentine's Day like on a date but I only agreed to hang out with him as a friend because I knew I'd be lonely on Saturday.'

It took a while for him to reply, 'How'd you know that I wasn't hanging out with you in Saturday?' Was he serious? Him and Danielle were like perfect together and it was his first girlfriend in a while. If they weren't hanging out, I would force them to. 'You're basically dating. Stop texting me and have fun on your little date. Bye I love you xx'

He responded, 'Okay, I love you too nick. See you later.'

I leaned back in my chair and watched Thor alone. Buzz walked back over to me and jumped on my lap.

* * *

"Come on, Nicolette. I'm sorry and I really mean it," he said, taking my hand in his. "It's just one hangout." Hesitantly, I nodded my head and he smiled. "Don't tell your brother or Liam. It'll just be our little secret, okay?"