3

I would've updated sooner but WattPad deleted my draft of chapter three. It was one of those long chapters too and I can't write as much as before so I'm trying to remember what I wrote. Well...enjoy :) xx

3.

I was practically hanging off my chair, nearly asleep. The people surrounding me were either sleeping or had bored expressions upon their faces. Ms. Post, the history teacher, read from the text book in front of her while I was supposed to be taking notes. Yawns came from all around, making me yawn as well.

"Excuse me." I heard Eleanor say from behind me. Ms. Post stopped speaking and pointed at Eleanor, as if she were silently granting her permission to talk. "I'm extremely bored. May I please leave?"

"At least you asked this time." Ms. Post rolled her eyes and muttered. "I honestly don't care if you leave. It's your grade that matters. You can easily fail with your grade and I am not afraid of holding you back if you need it to be done." She sat down in the rolling chair behind her desk.

"Hmmm, passing and never coming back here or leaving, failing, and coming back next year? Yeah, I'm definitely staying so I can pass." Eleanor chuckled, tightening her high pony tail and adjusting her headband.

"Please stop talking so I can resume the lesson." Ms. Post said in monotone.

"I'll stop talking when you shave your--"

"Shut up already!" I turned around and yelled irritatedly. Eleanor was so disrespectful towards the teachers and the students. The class looked up at me with surprise, suddenly interested in what was going on. After realizing that what I just did wasn't in my mind like usual, I spun back around and held up my head with my hand in my previous position like it didn't just happen.

Eleanor's face was priceless. "What?! I think I heard you incorrectly. Look at me, Smalls!" She shouted. I turned around again to see her standing up and leaning over her desk a bit. "Did you just cut me off to yell at me?" Everyone in this classroom knew that Eleanor was a brat and this wasn't the first time she went off like this, so no one really told her to stop. Ms. Post continued teaching.

I quietly sighed, "No, I did not. I was trying to politely tell you to close your mouth." I replied.

"Politely, my butt. Who do you think you are?" Eleanor was now inching towards me with a crazy look in her eye.

"Well, I think I'm Nicolette. I think the best option is for you to just sit down so we both don't get in trouble." I told her. She was getting madly flustered; it was easily shown on her face. The rest of the class was amused and I could tell since no one was stopping us or listening to the teacher. Obviously, Eleanor liked being the sass-talker but she had nothing to say this time.

She chewed her bottom lip; a thing she did when she was extremely frustrated. I picked up on that in third grade. "I, uh, I suggest you stop talking! You don't know what you're getting y-yourself into!" She stuttered. I loved this side of Eleanor, when she was nervous and couldn't talk. It was unfortunate that I rarely got to see that because she always had about five other people on her side. None of them were in this class. It was just her and me.

"Don't I?"

"Loser's getting sassy." Andy, a boy from the back, muttered with an amused smirk. This was going to come back and bite me in the butt if I continued but seeing Eleanor like this was almost once in a life time.

"Stop! Maybe you're actually the one who needs to sit down and calm yourself. M - yeah, so stop trying to act all b-big and tough because it's not working! You're still small and and worthless." Eleanor word-vomited all over me. All those words came out back to back so quickly that I barely understood.