11

11.

After I showered, I simply put on a gray sweatshirt and ripped skinny jeans with my black converse. My hair was put into a side braid and I did my makeup. I shoved my phone in my pocket and walked down the stairs. Liam slept over last night because I was so worried about Mike so he was sitting at the counter with an apple. He tossed me one and I grabbed the keys to my car.

"You okay, love?" Liam asked me when I began driving down the street.

I nodded, "I'm fine. Just not really in the mood for talking." I muttered. Mike wasn't getting better, according to what the doctor said. I was just feeling really down. I didn't even want to deal with the idiots at school, asking if I was dating Zayn or having people beat me up randomly. Liam gave me a look of understanding and held my hand.

When I reached the school, I was early again. I went to my locker and got my first period things before sitting down on one of the benches outside. Danielle walked by us and waved at Liam and he was about to say something but he stayed with me. "Liam," he looked down at me, "go ahead."

Liam smiled at me and kissed me on the forehead before standing up. "Feel better, babe. I love you."

"I love you too, Li."

I sat there on my phone, scrolling on my Tumblr. None of the pictures or anything cheered me up or took my mind off of Mike. I should have been with Mike, but I wasn't allowed in the room. I didn't even know what was going on. "Hey, Nikki. What's up?" Zayn took a seat right beside me.

"Hi," was all I replied. I tried not to show my sadness so I gave him a slight smile. Zayn didn't buy it, giving me a concerned looking look. "What?" I asked, playing dumb. I didn't need any questions asked.

"You seem sad. What's wrong? Did someone say something to you?" He asked me. I shook my head, trying not to think about Mike. He was such a sensitive subject for me and I really didn't like talking about it with anyone but family and Liam since he was basically family. "Then what happened? Are you okay, babe?"

"Nothing, nothing. I'm completely fine. Don't worry," I stood up with my bag in my hand and began walking down the halls. I felt Zayn pull me back towards him and put his arm around me. "Zayn..."

"Nikki." He gave me a look, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

I looked down at my feet, "No." I pushed some stray hair behind my ear and he started walking down the hallway with me under his arm. I guess my puffy eyes are noticeable because people were staring at me. Or it was because there was a Zayn's arm over my shoulder. "I should get to class." I mumbled.

"There is fifteen minutes left, babe." He stated, sitting on a new bench. "I'm really sorry that whatever happened happened. You don't deserve to be this sad." Zayn lightly pinched my cheek. He had been getting a lot more touchier and it was kind of strange yet comforting.

"It's okay. It wasn't you who caused this." I replied. "Lets move on from me. What's up with you?"

I felt like I was coming off as an attention whore by making that stupid pouty face I did when I was sad. I really couldn't care less about how he was doing at the time. I didn't really care about Zayn all that much, to be honest. His trust has yet to be gained so he was still a bully in my eyes. I still thought he was lying to me like the last time in freshman year.

"Are you sure you're okay, Nikki? You haven't touched your food yet and I'm getting worried about you." Liam asked me at lunch time, motioning to the sandwich on the table.

"I feel like if I eat, I'll throw up." I put my head down on the table. Mike was driving me insane! Not Mike himself, just the fact that I didn't know how he was doing.