35

35.

"It feels like old times, Li." I said as we sat on the couch, having a movie marathon.

"Old times?" he repeated.

"Yeah. You and I never have movie marathons anymore." I replied. I had my head on his shoulder and we watched some action movie. He was always practicing boxing and hanging out with Danielle while I was always with Zayn. I miss hanging out with him every day.

"I guess you're right." Liam told me. "I'm sorry, babe, things have really changed recently."

I nodded in agreement. I bet neither of us would've ever thought that we'd stop being the losers of the grade. People don't even try to bully us anymore. Everyone knows that Liam can fight so no one bothers him, and I have one of the school's biggest bullies as my boyfriend, even though he swore off bullying. The doorbell suddenly rang and I stood up. I opened it to see Zayn with a large bouquet of flowers. "I should've come here a long time ago." he started off with. He looked like he had a whole thing prepared to say but then he saw the bruise on my cheek. "Oh, God, that's from me, isn't it?" he put down the bouquet.

"I know you were drunk--"

"I'm so sorry." he cut me off. "The bruise is worse than he described it. I really am sorry, I didn't mean to make you bleed. I'm an idiot and I know what I do when I get drunk so I should've stayed away. You had every right to leave me there and to be mad at me."

"Zayn, it's okay--"

"It's not okay. And to make it worse, I should've showed up right when I found out." I walked outside and we sat on the porch where we could talk. "I was a terrible boyfriend last night. I didn't know what I was doing."

"Zayn, shut up." I laughed, taking his hand. "I have no reason to be upset with you. You were drunk and I know you didn't hurt me on purpose. You are the best boyfriend in the world and you make me really happy. Don't sweat about it. I was pretty irritated before but I realized that there's nothing to be mad at."

"But I hurt you. I told myself that I never would do that again."

I could tell that this wasn't just about him being drunk. It was about how he used to bully me and once he found out that he hurt me, he probably got really freaked out. "Zayn," I leaned over and hugged him tightly.

"When Anthony told me that I hurt you last night like in a physical way, I told him to punch me in the face. He didn't, but I totally deserved it. When I started to like you, I promised myself that I was done with this whole bullying thing. I would always hurt people for no reason at all and the fact that I did it again last night, to my girlfriend if I must add, made me feel like crap." he said. "I honestly should've came earlier. I thought I messed up completely and I thought you were mad. I didn't know what to do, I thought flowers were nice. If you need anything else, I'm your guy."

I giggled. "Thank you, Zayn. I'm entirely fine and the bruise doesn't even hurt anymore. I know you had no control over what you did and you shouldn't beat yourself up about it." I leaned over and kissed his perfectly plump lips. It was quick and sweet, so when I pulled away, he had his hand rest on my shoulder. He leaned in and pressed his lips to my bruise. My bruise was basically on my jaw.

"I'm really, really sorry about this." I felt his lips brushing against my skin and then he kissed up and down my jaw. I tilted his head towards me and kissed him again.

Fifteen minutes later, I stood up and fixed my shirt and adjusted my bra. "I'll go get your keys." I said, flattening my hair down. I grabbed the keys and handed them to Zayn. I invited him to come inside and watch movies with me but he declined, knowing that I should probably spend some quality time with Liam. "I'll see you...tomorrow?"