2

2.

"Aren't you going to let me in? Or are you planning on working on the project out here in the cold?" Zayn questioned, harshly. I didn't say anything but I opened the door wider so he could enter. After bumping his shoulder into mine, I closed the door. "Wow, you're rich." He turned to me. I shrugged. I wasn't rich...my parents were. They decided on buying a three story house and the whole third floor was so unnecessary. "So you can buy anything you want but you still choose to dress like a homeless boy?" I looked down at my baggy sweat pants and hoodie. I guess I did dress like a boy. But I was comfortable, so why did it matter to him?

I sighed, "Zayn, can you please explain why you're at my house?" I asked him, standing at a fair distance to avoid any easy punches.

"Do you have short term memory loss or are you actually this stupid?"

I slapped my forehead mentally and realized that he was here to work on the project. "Oh, yeah. Lets get to work." I stated in a barely audible tone. Being alone with him was a lot scarier than being at school with him. He could easily murder me and no one would even know.

"I was thinking that we sculpt Tarzan and maybe some animals around him with Jane." He told me, in a surprisingly calm voice. Usually, he'd have a more aggressive tone. "My grandpa and I used to watch that one." Zayn looked upset. I stared at him, a bit confused at the sight in front of me. Was he crying? "What're you looking at, Smalls?" He shoved me. Bipolar, much? I sat down on the couch, a little further to the right, and he showed me a sketch book. "Look, I drew it out and were doing this one." He stated.

I nodded and he stood up. "Tomorrow I won't be doing anything from morning until noon so I'll be here in the morning." He began walking to the door. "Buy clay, I'll buy paint."

"Wait." I caught up to him, "What time is 'morning'?" I asked. He could just show up at any time and I wouldn't be ready.

"You just better be ready when I get here."

He turned on his heels and went back to his car. I knew that meant, 'you better be awake or else I'll pummel you into a pulp.' I slammed my door shut and it closed loudly. I heard Liam's footsteps hurrying down the stairs and finally making their way towards me. "What happened? Did he hurt you? Are you okay?" He threw a bunch of questions at me.

"No." I walked back over to the television and got under the warm blankets, "I'm completely fine. All he did to physically harm me is bump shoulders with me and push me. I can handle that." I pat the spot next to me so he could join me and watch Legally Blonde. I loved how he watched girly, dumb movies with me and didn't even complain. He sat down and cuddled with me and Buzz hopped onto my lap. I loved them both so much. I felt like they were the only ones who cared nowadays.

* * * * *

I yawned and covered my mouth as I put another clay chunk in my cart. I woke up at six o'clock to get ready because I didn't know when Zayn would arrive. Now it was about seven and I was exhausted. My hair was in an extremely messy bun and I was wearing a long tee shirt and leggings with gray Vans and sunglasses. Finally, I finished getting all the clay and went to the check out line.

I walked to the car, struggling with the heavy bags in my hands and tossed them in the passenger seat. I drove back home and brought them inside as quickly as I could. When I got the chance, I plopped down on the couch and fell fast asleep.

Ding! Dong! Ding!

I groaned softly and stood up as quick as I could. I unlocked the door and saw Zayn standing there with paints and art supplies in his arms. "You look absolutely terrible." He scrunched up his nose in disgust while entering my home.