50

sorry had a bit of writers block!!

50.

I sat at my vanity and brushed the brownish eyeshadow into my crease and closed one eye to see how it looked. I dabbed the golden color to the center of my eyelid and grinned, satisfied with how it appeared. I held my liquid eyeliner in one hand and drew it on with a steady hand, winging it out at the end where the eyeshadow stopped. Lastly, I brushed two different mascaras over my lashes to give it extra length and volume. Blinking my eyes, I saw my masterpiece and moved on to my hair.

My hair was out natural due to my prior shower, which was a little wavy but not quite curly. I decided to first straighten it, where it came down to nearly my butt. I took my curling wand and curled the ends piece by piece before loosening them up by combing them through with my fingers. I gave myself one last look at my upper half before standing up to look at my dress.

It was breathtaking. With the sequins at the top and the flowing material at the bottom, making me feel beautiful. Zayn and Liam were always telling me that I'm beautiful and gorgeous but I never really felt that way until tonight. I don't feel ugly. I stood on my one foot with the three inch heels while my other one hovered over the ground as I leaned on my crutch.

"Nikki, hun! Your date's here!" my mom called from downstairs. I quickly checked my teeth and hair in the mirror before heading down the stairs. "Here she comes!" she squealed, holding up her camera.

I spotted Zayn sitting on the couch but he quickly stood when he heard I was coming. I took my first few steps and our eyes met. A smile instantly spread across my face as I saw him in his cute little tuxedo. His tie was gold, matching with my dress, and he held a corsage in his hand. Eventually, after a few awkward minutes of me just going down the stairs, insisting that I didn't need any help, I hugged him tightly. "You're going to be the most gorgeous girl there, baby. And you got your arm cast off."

"I wanted to surprise you." I grinned, pressing my lips against his. "You look handsome." I rubbed my hand on his cheek, feeling the smooth skin instead of his scruff. I liked it when he shaved all of it off of his cheeks but kept the mustache part.

"Tonight's going to be so fun."

My mom was waiting by the kitchen with her camera and iPhone in her hands excitedly. "Okay, okay! Pictures, guys!" She rushed towards us. "Zayn, you stand here. Nikki, turn a little towards me...now back a little...and perfect! Both of you! Stay there!" She snapped a picture.

After about twenty five minutes of pictures, some with my mom, my dad, and then his family when they arrived, we finally were able to leave for prom. I found it somewhat hilarious that I, Nicolette Smalls, was actually going to prom with Zayn Malik. Ninth grade me would look at me incredulously right now and might even want to punch me in the nose. She doesn't know what an impact he has on me yet. She wouldn't believe how much her life would change because of this idiot.

"Is this a limo? For us?" I looked up at Zayn in shock. He was grinning happily. "Who's the best boyfriend in the entire world?"

"I am!" he shouted and we high fived. He opened the door for me and I slipped in the limo. Zayn got in after me and driver closed our door shut as it moved in the direction of Eleanor's house, where I think we'd be meeting up with Eleanor, Louis, Perrie, and her date Sam. Then we'd drive to Liam's to get him and Sophia. Lastly, we'd go to Harry's house to pick up Harry, Niall, and their dates. "I didn't think I'd be this excited for prom. I think it's just the fact that I'm taking the prettiest girl in the world that's making me feel so great."

"Cheesy." I giggled, resting my head on his shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He gently kissed the side of my head, taking one of my hands in his. We didn't have to talk to share a good moment. I relaxed in his arms and smiled slightly as I thought about everything. Him, Liam, Colton, my new friends. Everyone. "How are you going to dance if you're leg is still broken?"