Chapter 8

Christmas time is rolling around and Alicia invited me to a Christmas party with her friends, meaning Megan will be there. The big problem with this whole thing is that Alicia told me people will be getting drunk and I don't drink. I just don't feel comfortable with the whole thing. I'm still going to go anyways since my girlfriend kept nagging me.

The other big problem I have though is that I don't know what to get Alicia. She seems to already have everything and she won't tell me anything that she wants. She keeps telling me that she already has me and that's all she wants. Like that's sweet and all but that's not going to prevent you from telling me how upset you are that I didn't get you those UGG boots that you really wanted that one time at the mall. So I kept asking around, and Megan told me that Alicia has been dying to get lingerie. Luckily, Megan knows her sizes because I'm stupid and I don't know these things. Funny thing is Megan doesn't even feel weird that I'm asking her this, she's so clueless. It's good though, we don't want her knowing what Alicia and I have. I mean she's kind of homophobic and all.

*

Jennifer and I roll up at the party at around 7 P.M. at James' house. There's music blaring and lights everywhere, this is not the kind of Christmas party I was hoping for. I wanted a more calm setting, maybe some eggnog, I don't know. I wanted something Christmas-y. But we're here now so we might as well just enjoy the party.

Jennifer and I get out of the car and into the house. Alicia is waiting outside for me and her face lights up at the sight of me. She runs over and gives me a hug. Her arms are around my neck and my arms are around her waist. We were about to kiss but we quickly realized where we were and who were surrounding us so we just awkwardly separate.

Alicia really didn't want anyone at school to know about this whole relationship. She said something about having a bad reputation with the dance group and the choir groups and Megan. I understand she's scared and all of that but I feel like she shouldn't be so scared. I mean, it's not their business as to who we date and what we do. But then again Alicia is one of the most well-known people in the school and she would have a lot more to lose than if people found out I was gay. The fact that she's also dating a nobody could be a factor in this whole fear of people finding out. Well that and Megan being homophobic.

*

It's midnight and the party is still going on. Music is still blaring and lights are still everywhere. Although in the five hours that we've been here things people have started passing out due to too much alcohol consumption, people have gone and left with their dates to, well, have sex and some people just left.

I'm quite surprised that James' party is still going on. There are no parents that have gone by to stop the party and no cops to come and arrest everybody. But I learned that James' parents are always at work and never at home to ever really be with James. James' dad is a lawyer and James' mom is a doctor, both jobs that require tons of attention so most of the time they just live at work. No cops ever come by because apparently James' dad is such a good lawyer he could get anyone out of anything. This is probably why James throws a party every single day. Well because first he can get out of it and second he craves the company of people because he doesn't get any from his family. I mean he's an only child and his parents are always out. His other family lives in a different country, like Scandinavia or something.

There are only a couple of people left at the party. Jennifer has gone home to sleep early since she has work the next day so I'm just here with Alicia. Alicia and I are sat on the couch when Megan storms down the stairs, clearly angry about something. James runs down after her, also angry about something. Alicia goes to check up on Megan and I decide to follow James. (I haven't had a drink so I'm pretty much the only sober one in this party.) James is pretty much wasted. He's kicking a bush when I find him. I ask him what's going on.

"Megan is being a prude!" James yells at the top of his lungs, probably so that Megan would hear what he said.

I say, "Look James, not everyone is going to be ready to have sex."

"We've done it before; I don't know what she's so scared of this time."

"Maybe she's just not into it today," I say, trying to calm him down. "Just let it go."

"Who even are you?" James looks at me, his eyes red.

"I'm Sam." I say, scared now.

"Well... Sam. This is none of your business. I will have sex with anybody that I want to have sex with. It doesn't even have to be Megan!" He yells that last part so that Megan will hear it.

I walk back into the house to leave him alone. James is crazy. He craves so much attention that even when his girlfriend refuses to have sex with him, he goes into an all-out rage. I make my way to the kitchen where Megan and Alicia are talking. Megan seems to have calmed down the last time I saw her and Alicia looks sad.

Alicia looks up at me and walks over to me to drag me to a corner. She tells me that James forced her into having sex with him. The good thing is it never happened; a couple of guys fighting accidentally barged in and interrupted giving Megan time to run out, which was what we saw. I decide that it's time for us to leave so I take Alicia and Megan to Alicia's car. Alicia had a little to drink so we thought it may be the best choice for me to drive home.

In the car on the way home, Megan is passed out in the backseat. We are on our way to drop off Megan but then we had to stop in the middle of nowhere (James lived pretty far) to let Megan puke out all that alcohol. As Megan is puking I hold up her hair to prevent the splash from getting everywhere. Alicia looks for something in her car to give Megan to clean herself off a little.

"Sam..." Megan says, a little vomit dangling on her lower lip.

"Yeah?" I ask, disgusted.

"I know about you and Alicia."

"What do you mean?" I say, petrified.

"I know that you're dating her," She says, wiping the vomit from her mouth. "And I'm happy for you two."

"You are?" I ask.

"Yeah, I mean if I were dating you I'd be happy too."

Just then Alicia comes by with a rag.

"Don't tell her that that's my sweat rag for when I go to the gym. I haven't washed that in a week." Alicia tells me.

"I won't." I say, keeping the new information to myself.

What did Megan mean by "I mean if I were dating you I'd be happy too"? Did Megan feel the same way about me this whole time? It can't be, I mean the homophobic thing. Alicia said that she wasn't accepting of it. I'm so confused, unless she uses the whole homophobic thing to cover up her homosexuality. Now, do I tell Alicia about this? I don't know, I'll figure it out. I'm tired.

*

Megan has been dropped off and Alicia and I are alone in the car. We've switched seats now so I'm the one in the passenger seat. I decide to tell her everything that Megan told me while she was puking her brains out. I did leave out the part where she would be happy if she was dating me too. I mean, that's not super important right?