Chapter 14

Jennifer

Hearing how exciting Sam's love life is makes me want one of my own even more. For so long I've been trying to find someone to look at me in the same way that Alicia looks at Sam, or looked. The fact that Sam threw that away kind of angers me but I shouldn't be angry at my best friend. I know how deeply sorry she is about the whole thing. She never meant to hurt Alicia but still, she really screwed up. The fact that it's with Alicia's best friend makes it even worse. But anyways, let's get back to wanting my own love life. Yeah, I've been looking for someone for so long but I can never seem to find the right person. It's not that I'm unattractive or anything, I'd say I'm pretty good looking to be honest but I think it's because I just may be setting my standards too high. At the same time though, why can't my standards be high? Shouldn't I deserve someone that can treat me right?

I want someone who can satisfy these three things: be polite, be taller than me and know what you want to do in life. I just want someone who is sure with himself because if they don't even know what they want, how can they be sure they want me in their life? It's just getting so difficult to find that person. I just need to stop looking and let it find me instead. And it did. I met someone. His name is Matt. He's not necessarily my boyfriend yet, more like just a friend who is really close. I still call him my boyfriend anyways.

So Matt's a dancer and a very good one at that, he even teaches a class. I think he's just perfect and I think it's finally time for me. I deserve it, don't I? Anyways, so I met Matt through a friend from another school and he told me that Matt saw me somewhere and was instantly interested. So of course, I hit him up and a month later, here we are. I didn't tell Sam because I didn't want her to scare him away. I love Sam but she can get really protective. She would've probably asked too many questions and he would've just thought I'm not worth it and run away.

*

Alicia

I feel so lonely at school today. I'm keeping my distance from Sam and Megan and just everyone in general. You can tell that everyone at school is a little suspicious of what's happening because usually I'd be all over Sam right now. Megan would be by my side laughing at some joke that she said to herself and Jennifer would normally be walking with us. Today, I'm all alone. You can tell that each of us are avoiding each other. Sam and Jennifer are in there own world. Megan is busy with her other friends, my friends as well but they've always preferred Megan. Me, I'm just keeping myself busy with work and clubs. "Just forget them." I keep telling myself.

I was walking to my class when a hand pulls me into the girl's washroom. I'm confused, what is happening right now? Am I being kidnapped? The person pushes me gently against the wall, it's Sam.

"Alicia, we need to talk." Sam says.

"There's nothing to talk about, Sam." I say to her, trying to get away.

"Maybe not right now, but let me explain some other time."

"I don't know if I could trust anything you say anymore."

She closes her eyes and loosens her grip on me. She lets me leave and I look back to see her just standing there. She looks so defeated. In a way I feel bad but I can't just let anybody who hurt me so bad take advantage of me again and again. That's just not the way I was taught to live. During class, she's all I can think about. Should I just give her one chance? I still need more time.

*

Jennifer

After school I think I might visit Matt at his dance class. Well I don't want to seem needy so I'll take my time. I'll probably stop by some shops and get him some food because that's romantic, right? Yeah. This is basically the extent of our relationship so far. We visit each other at work, we hang out at each other's houses and we just hang. Nothing ever really happens. We sit around and talk, sometimes he texts some people for quite a while but he says it's all work. I believe him. Trust is important and I trust him.