Chapter 19

I wake up in Alicia's bedroom feeling good. Yesterday was probably the most amazing day of my life. My girlfriend is just so sexy and I can't handle it. I feel like last night was the happiest we've ever actually been. I really hope that it lasts.

I roll over so I could face Alicia. But as I do, I quickly realize she's not there. Where is she? I look at the bathroom door and see that the bathroom light seems to be on. She's probably taking a shower.

Well, it's getting boring just laying here. I might as well just get up. I slide my feet off the bed and I decide that I'll clean up her room just a little bit. It's making my head dizzy because there's just stuff everywhere. I start off with the desk. I sort through all her papers and as I dig deeper in them, I find old candy wrappers and empty chip bags. This girl is sexy and all but she can be really messy.

I finally sort the papers in neat piles. It's still cluttered but it looks much better than before. Now, I wonder what it looks like inside the desk drawer. Maybe it would be better not to look in there. I mean, if the top of the desk looks like this, who knows what it looks like inside? But as I am about to return to the bed, I see something sticking out of the desk drawer.

I probably shouldn't be nosy but I can't help it. I yank the mysterious object out of the drawer and realize it's an envelope. It's addressed to Alicia from York University. York? Toronto? I didn't know Alicia applied to York. What is this? "You have been accepted... Fall term..." Alicia's leaving?

"Sam?" Alicia steps out of the bathroom and I hide the letter behind my back.

"Hey." I smile at her.

"You're acting suspicious." She walks closer and swipes the letter from my hand. She frowns when she realizes what it was.

"When were you planning to tell me?" I ask her.

"Soon... I don't know."

"When you're on the plane to Toronto? Is that when you were planning to tell me?" I raise my voice a little.

"Sam, please don't be angry with me. I was going to tell you. I just didn't know how after we made all these plans to be together for the whole summer." She puts the letter down on the desk and moves closer to embrace me.

"You're not staying for the whole summer?"

"No. I-"

"You don't have to say anything else." I move away from her arms and I look for my clothes on the floor of her room.

"Sam, don't go. We could work this out." Alicia moves in front of me to stop me from leaving.

"Alicia, I'm not angry. I'm just, I just need time to process this whole thing. I really thought that we were going to be spending all this time together."

"It's not like you haven't kept things from me, Sam."

"What do you mean by that?" I stare at her, a little annoyed now.

"That came out wrong." She shakes her head.

"No, I know exactly what you mean. You're still angry about me kissing Megan."

"No, Sam. I didn't mean it like that." She puts her hands on my shoulders.

"Just let me go. We could talk about this later." I get clothed quickly and gather my things. I leave Alicia watching me as I walk away.