Chapter 11

It's February and there's only a few months left of my senior year in high school. Last month's drama has finally died down and James was actually expelled from the school because of his homophobic behaviour. Of course this isn't the first time that this happened with James. He's been reported to the police and to the school multiple times. But this time his dad just got sick and tired of him that he didn't even bother defending his son this time. Word is that James was sent to some really scary correctional facility in the middle of nowhere. Whatever it is, I'm just glad that he's gone.

Things at school have been a lot different than when they started in the beginning of the year. I used to be nobody to all these people. Now, everyone knows me after what James did. I'm known as the girl that got the football star expelled after he beat her for being gay. It's not bad, they don't hate me. They like me enough that they would say hi and stuff like that but I'm just not used to it. I'm not used to the feeling of being noticed every single day. I was surprised enough when Alicia actually knew me in the first place. The fact that I'm dating her still blows my mind. What blows my mind even more is being able to walk around school with her, showing her off and not being criticized about it.

With Megan, I decided to keep the information about her liking me to myself. I don't know for sure if Megan would want Alicia to know that. The best friends are still best friends and things seem to be going great for them. As for my best friend, Jennifer, she's found herself a boy toy. She kept him a secret from me for quite a while and I'm not going to lie, I was a bit angry that she didn't tell me right away. I can get pretty protective like that over Jennifer. I would never want anything to happen to this precious little creature, even though she's like five hundred feet taller than me. Anyways, the guy seems really nice so far. His name is like, M something. I don't even remember. He's nice, that's all I know and that's enough for me.

Anyways, to celebrate the victory of getting James expelled, Alicia decided that it would be fun to spend it with Jennifer, myself and Megan while her parents are away for the weekend. I'm not sure if it would really be a good idea to have it with the two girls that supposedly like me, but Alicia's already set it up and I don't want to be rude and cancel it. So of course I'll just let this night happen and hopefully nothing goes wrong. I really shouldn't keep secrets; I always get myself into horrible situations when I do. If something does happen, I don't think you should really be surprised.

*

"Let's play Truth... or dare." Megan says.

Oh no. I hate this game. I hate having to choose between saying something super honest about myself to everyone or doing something stupid in front of everyone. I know there's only my girlfriend, my best friend and my girlfriend's best friend but I'm still embarrassed for the things I'd have to do or say. But whatever, I'm going to try and have fun and just not be a party pooper. Pooper. That's a funny word.

"Who wants to go first?" Megan asks the group.

We're all sat in a circle in our pyjamas since this basically turned out into some sleepover. I'm not complaining since it should be my dream come true to have a sleepover with three other girls who are also kind of gay, excluding one but still, I count Jennifer as an honorary lesbian all the time.

Before I could say anything, Alicia throws me into the spotlight saying, "Sam wants to go first and I know it."

I glare at her like I'm trying to burn a message into her brain saying, "I hate you so much right now but I also love you too much to say no." So I prepare myself for some truth or dare.

"To make things interesting, if you don't want to do a dare or say a truth, you have to take a shot. That way, it'll loosen you up a bit." Megan says.