Chapter 6

I wake up that Saturday morning and I forget where I am. I freak out just a little bit but then I remember that I'm camping with Alicia Wallaby. Man, I'm not going to forget that name for a while. Alicia Wallaby. Anyways, I check my phone and the clock reads 7 A.M. I look to my right and Alicia is still sleeping.

Alicia and I did not do what you think we did last night. We basically just had the kiss, ate our smores and the sausages, and then we went to sleep. Yes, we only went to sleep. (We're trying to take it slow here.) But overall, if I had to rate this date on a scale of one to ten, it'd be a fifteen. Maybe even a sixteen. Seriously, it was just that good. Although it's still not over until we both go home. So I decide to be a good date and make her my famous French toast à la Sam. It's just regular French toast except that I made it.

In the process of making our breakfast, I hear some rustling in the background. Alicia must be awake. She comes out of the tent wearing this adorable, blue dinosaur onesie and yawns whilst stretching out her arms. I forgot to mention the onesies. Alicia has the dinosaur and I have the awesome Superman onesie (it even has a cape!). I look behind me and she's standing there looking gorgeous. I look back to my cooking and try to focus so I don't burn anything. I hear her walking closer and suddenly I feel her arms slide around my waist and her head rest on my back. Alicia and I are about the same height so we're pretty short. I'd say I'm about five feet tall. Some would argue that I'm four eleven but I will not agree to that. I get that tingly feeling with the fireworks again and I could feel the excitement building up inside of me again.

"Good morning, Super girl." Alicia says, kissing my shoulder.

"Good morning, Barney." I say, laughing.

"What are you making?"

"French toast, I thought I'd cook for you since you did all of this for me."

"You didn't have to do that. I wanted to do all this for you!" She says while throwing up her arms to gesture the camp site.

"I know and thank you for that, but I'm dating you and you deserve it."

"You're dating me?" Alicia says, smiling wide.

"Um, I mean we-"

"I know what you mean. Take it slow, I get it."

"Yeah, that's exactly what I mean." I say, smiling just as wide.

*

After breakfast, Alicia and I pack up all the gear into the trunk of her car and we head home. The ride home was a lot faster than it was getting to the camp site. I really wished it was a lot longer because I just want to spend more time with Alicia. Next thing you know, we're on the driveway of my house.

"I had a great time." Alicia says to me, looking down and smiling.

"Me too." I say, smiling as well.

"So what does this make us?" Alicia asks, looking up at me and staring into my eyes.

"I guess we could try it out. Slowly."

"I'm good with that." Alicia says.

"Good." I say, blushing.

"Good." She says.

Alicia leans in for a kiss but then I start to have a very bad feeling in my stomach area, in my lower stomach area. My eyes open wide and before I could realize that she wanted a kiss I let out this huge fart. I realize what I'd just done and run away as fast as I could. I run into the house and I lock the door behind me. That's it. It's all over. No one is ever going to want to kiss me. I'm a horrible, disgusting human being. I farted in her car. Why would I do that? Get it together, Sam! Oh my god. But just as I put my head in my hands my phone beeps.

Alicia: You still owe me a kiss

*

"You farted in her car?" Jennifer asks me laughing.

"Yeah, I did. It's not funny, okay?" I say, genuinely upset.

"Look, she texted you afterwards saying you still owe her a kiss. That means she really likes you no matter what comes out of your ass."

"Jennifer, I am hanging up on you if you don't stop bringing it up!"

"Okay, okay, okay! I'm sorry!" She screams laughing like a hyena.

"The date went well though. It went a lot better than I expected."

"That's good. What does this make you two? Are you dating?"

"I guess... I said we would take it slow."

"That's good. And Megan?"

"I'm over her. Or at least I think."