Your Worst Nightmare

Scarlet's POV

"On October 14th, a prisoner escaped jail. Andrew Dennis Biersack, imprisoned for abuse, and murder. If seen, please contact the police as soon as possible," the news reporter spoke. Shivers shot down my spine. I heard of this guy before, he has a bad reputation, known worldwide. He was imprisoned for the crime of girls that had their throats slit, limbs amputated, abuse to his wife; which she suffered from and died, and so on. It's weird that girls are his only victims, he never murdered a guy, or so from what I've heard.

I shut the TV off and placed the remote on the coffee table. I got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen to get something to eat. I got this uneasy feeling that someone was watching me, but I just let it slide. My phone buzzed in the pocket of my jeans, indicating I had got a text. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened the message that was from an unknown number.

Unknown- The future is naive; it awaits chaos, arms wide open...

I furrowed my eyebrows. What the fuck is that supposed to mean? And who the fuck is this? I shut my phone off and put it back in my pocket, it's probably someone trying to prank me. I grabbed a cold, clear water bottle from the fridge, and some crackers to satisfy my hunger while I wait for my friend to bring some pizza.

Around fifteen minutes later there was a knock at my door. I got up from the couch and walked to the door. I opened it to see the smile of my friend Lauren. I smiled and stepped aside so she could walk in. Once she entered the house the smell of pizza welcomed my nose. I closed the door behind her and we walked to the living room. Lauren set the pizza on the coffee table next to the remote.

"So, how's your day been?" Lauren asked. Should I tell her about the text message? I think it's better if I don't, I don't want her worrying about me.

"Wonderful, what about you? How's your day been?" I asked. I grabbed a piece of cheese pizza and bit into it.

"Stressful, I almost got fired from my job today," she said.

"How'd you almost get fired?" I asked.

"I slept in and was late, and once I arrived I got a major lecture on how if I am late next time I'm fired," she explained, making gestures with her hands. I nodded. We ate in silence for a bit until the pizza was gone and Lauren had to go.

"See you later," I said. I pulled her into my arms and hugged her.

"Yeah, see you later," she replied. She walked out of my house and got in her car and drove away, down the long gravel road to the city, which was quite far. I live out in the country, I don't have anyone nearby, maybe miles and miles away I do, but not in my looking distance. I live in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by tall, beautiful trees. Some old, some young.

I cleaned up my house for about an hour. I checked the clock to see it was 11:24pm. I walked up the stairs and entered my room. The walls black, and one wall was a deep purple. A queen sized bed, an attached bathroom, and my cat sleeping on my dirty clothes.

I walked to my dresser and pulled out some shorts and a tank top. I changed into my sleep wear, and threw my clothes on the ground. I got the same uneasy feeling that I was being watched. I walked up to my window and looked out. I just seen darkness, no movement was seen, nothing to be heard, just dead silence. I closed the blind and shut my bedroom light off.

I walked to my bed and got comfortable when my phone buzzed, I groaned and grabbed my phone. The brightness blinded me, but I adjusted to it. I looked and seen that I had another message from the same unknown number. I opened my phone and read the message.

Unknown- They only come out at night, stalk their prey. Wait for the right time then, bam; their prey is lying on the ground lifeless.

Ok that's pretty creepy, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight, my mind will be keeping me up, questions will flood my mind, asking me who this mysterious person is. I decided to reply to the message.

Me- Who are you?

I got a reply instantly.

Unknown- I'm the one lurking in the shadows, the one who is feared by my own kind; your worst nightmare.

I instantly got out of my bed, turning my bedroom light on and rushing down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and turned the light on. Immediately going to the knife holder, and grabbing one. I walked to the living room and sat down on the couch wrapping my arms around my legs.

I heard a knock at my door, then a faint, gentle sound. I walked over to the door, knife clutched in my hand. I slowly opened the door to see no one. I looked at my doorstep to see a music box, playing creepy music, like the ones you hear being played in horror movies. I walked over to it and slowly picked it up, noticing there was a little sticky note on it.

I feed on your fear, I feed on your fear, I feed on your fear, it tastes good; I wonder what you'll taste like when I feed on you.

Then everything went black.

*****

Hey guys, so this is the first chapter to Gorgeous Nightmare. Hope you enjoyed it. Tell me what you thought.

Much love ❤️