So Close

Scarlet's POV

I woke up early the next day, showered quickly, and got dressed in clothes I found in a dresser.

I silently searched the house for the car keys, finding them on the kitchen counter.

I got in the car, started it, and drove away from the house, away from him.

I declined his offer to help him. I told him I'd have to think about it and I'd tell him the next day, and this is the answer to his question, no.

Why would I help the man who killed my friend? I honestly think the 'I used you to lure Sehun in' story is complete bullshit. You didn't have to hurt me, kill my friend and cat to 'lure' him in.

And I doubt Sehun would be in the mafia. He's a damn cop for crying out loud.

So here I am driving back to the city, back to civilization, and far away from Andy.

-

I was staying in a cheap motel for the night with the money I found lying around his house. Tomorrow morning I am going to go to my cousin's house and stay there until I can go out on my own. They probably have a lot of questions, I'm on the news marked as a missing person.

My back was against the small mattress as I thought about the past few days, all the events that happened.

I had two hundred and forty dollars on me, and I haven't eaten at all in the past day, so I was going to walk to a nearby convenience store.

I grabbed the black coat I took from his place and put it on, walking out the door, out of the motel, and onto the dark empty sidewalk. The cold night breeze nipped at my uncovered skin, making me shiver, and my teeth chatter a bit.

I walked the ten minute walk to the store, buying a bottle of water, some crackers and instant noodles, then making my way back to the motel.

I've been walking for a good amount of time and the motel was just down the street. The sound of my footsteps were the only sound heard, but then another sound was heard with that. Footsteps. They were quickening, and they sounded as if they were getting closer.

I quickened my pace and started running towards the motel.

I was so close.

A hand grabbed my arm, making me drop the water and noodles. I screamed but was cut off by a hand covering my mouth, and pulling my back into a chest.

I felt hot breath fanning against my neck, the scent of this person was awfully familiar. In this moment I wished I could just disappear.

I knew who it was.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" The voice spoke in my ear. A chuckle escaped the persons lips as I shook in his grasp.

"We meet again my princess."

******

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

I know the chapter was short, future chapters will be longer.

Tell me what you thought! Who do you think that was at the end? 💕