Two Years

Scarlet's POV

I massaged my temples in frustration. I was on my ten minute break in the coffee shop I was currently working for. Today some customers were being snobby and rude, it gave me a headache and slightly pissed me off.

"One more day Scarlet, then you get a week off," Diana stated, patting my back and handing me a cup of water. Diana was one of the people that worked at the coffee shop. We've gotten close in the two years that I've been working here.

"Thanks Diana," I said, gulping down the cold water.

"No problem," she spoke, "now get back to work."

I smiled and lightly punched her shoulder before heading back to the cash register.

-

I just finished my last day of work. It was 8pm, the highways weren't busy like usual and I was on my way home from work. The radio was playing quietly so it wouldn't be completely silent.

I made it home to my German Shepherd greeting me, his name was Ash.

I fed him and rested for about an hour before putting his leash on him and heading out.

The sun has gone down and the night sky was out. I was taking my dog out for a late walk, we both needed it. After a long day of work stress always follows with it.

After my dog did his business and a pretty long walk we started heading back. The streetlights and the moon illuminating the way home.

A good distance down the sidewalk there was this guy walking. He was in a black coat, black skinny jeans, and leather boots. He was looking down at the sidewalk while nearing my dog and I.

When he was about to walk past us some cash slipped from his pocket, but he didn't notice it and kept walking.

I bent down to pick it up, spun around and walked after him.

"Hey, you dropped some cash," I stated. He stopped and turned around. My eyes widened when I seen who it was, his did too.

It's like time stopped and we were frozen. It seemed so surreal, like this was all a dream and I would wake up any second.

It's been two years since I've last seen him, two years since the incident.

I thought he was dead.

"Andy."

"Scarlet."

***********
This is the end of the story! I hope you guys enjoyed the story! 💕

Thank you for all the support! Your support helped me throughout the whole story. 💕