Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

As Christopher turned onto the main road, Fallon took this chance to find out more about him…and the car. “So, how long have you had this car?” She asked him. “About three years.” He told her. “And you’ve never raced it, not even once…not even a teeny tiny bit?” She probed. “Nope…” He told her, but there was a little smile coming on to his face. “Come on, you probably have…even I couldn’t be that good…unless I had some kind of electric shock for every time I thought of it…” She told him. She could tell he had. “Okay…maybe just once, but I haven’t done it recently.” He told her, sheepishly. “Ahah! I knew it, you couldn’t help it. So you killed her…and now you’re going to kill mine” She said with mock horror.

At this Christopher laughed. “I don’t think I could kill yours. You’ve done a pretty good job of doing that yourself.” He retorted. Fallon laughed. “At least mine wasn’t a gorgeous Mercedes, the queen of all cars past, present, and future.” Fallon told him dramatically. “So then what does that make your car. If my Mercedes is the queen and is beautiful, what’s yours?” He asked, indulging in this conversation. “Oh my Charger’s beautiful too, except she gets to be king.” Fallon said happily.

“I’m guessing I should stay away from your hierarchy of cars.” Christopher told Fallon. “You guessed right.” She agreed, since she knew what a long winded argument it could be over which car is above which.

“So Fallon, I’ve heard Craig talking about your album.” He told her, steering away from the topic. “Is it good or bad stuff that you’ve heard?” She asked him. “He won’t stop talking once you get him started. So it’s all good.” Christopher said. “Yea well, he deserves to be happy with my stuff for once.” She told him. There was silence for a moment. “So what do you do. Christopher?” Fallon asked quickly, hoping that she hadn’t made it too awkward. “I’m actually a computer engineer. I work with computers all day long.” He told her. “Sounds like fun.” She said. “It can be, but I’m not too fond of some programming languages though…shh…it’s a secret.” He told her. “I never really liked the programming part in high school.” Fallon agreed. “You took programming? Which languages did you do?” Christopher was intrigued. “I learned bits and pieces mainly. I had to learn Turing, java, c, and visual basics, oh and html. I hated java the most.” She told him, she shuddered at the thought. “Wow, I think Turing is the easiest, but it’s quite old.” He said, impressed. “How long ago was this?” He asked her. “I don’t know, years ago.” She replied. “How old are you Fallon?” Christopher asked. “Twenty, why?” She was curious. “How did you learn all of them?” He was curious. “I didn’t learn them properly, I still can’t do an array with out help. How old are you?” “Twenty six.” “And you already have a nice car?” She asked amazed. “This was a gift from my dad, he gave it to me when I graduated with my degree.” “Awesome! Maybe I’ll do something like that…” Christopher chuckled upon hearing this.

They finally got to the movie store. Christopher parked, and the two of them went inside. Fallon browsed through the selections on the walls. There wasn’t anything that was interesting her. “Which ones would you watch, Chris?” She asked Christopher. “I thought ‘Forbidden Kingdom’ was good. Jackie Chan, Jet Li, martial arts…always good.” Christopher answered as he picked out the movie. “Okay, sure. Anything else? Ooh…‘Mr. Bean’s Holiday’…I’ve got to watch that. Except Cheryl won’t like it…urgh.” But Fallon picked up the second movie anyway. “Okay, so what does your friend Cheryl like?” Christopher asked. “Apparently William.” Fallon muttered quietly under her breath. “I didn’t catch that.” Christopher said in confusion. “She likes romantic films.” Fallon said quickly. “Oh, so how about…” Christopher looked over the racks as he spoke. He found not one but a couple. “Okay so how about ‘The Notebook’, ‘A Walk To Remember’, ‘The Lake House’, or ‘Chasing Liberty’.” “It’s like you’re a machine. That was fast.” Fallon said, amazed.