Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

It had been a precisely a week. None of her calls or messages had been returned. Feeling discarded, Fallon had tried to wait out the last week. It hadn’t worked. She called him, left messages…each sounding more desperate than the last. “You can’t just block me out like this Chris!” She had said loudly on his answering machine the last time she called. Frustrated with his lack of response, Fallon moped around the house when she wasn’t at rehearsals for the tour. Nowadays even Cheryl had been steering clear of her bad mood.

At first Cheryl had tried to be understanding about the ordeal, but when Fallon’s gloominess persisted, Cheryl decided to just let it takes its course. Fallon couldn’t even remember what Cheryl had been telling her throughout the week. All Fallon could remember was that it was important.

For the first two days Fallon would wake up early and clean the place, go to rehearsal, and then sulk on the couch watching ’30 Rock’ and ‘Gossip Girl’ re-runs. She had been sad at first, she felt bad for turning Christopher down. Once she realized he was just going to ignore her, the sadness had been converted to anger. It’s not my fault that I don’t feel the same…-Fallon had thought soon after.

Lately she had moved her unhappy mood to the garage…just because she was feeling dejected didn’t mean the whole atmosphere of the house had to feel the same…yet being in the garage wasn’t quite sulking…it was more along the lines of Fallon venting out her frustration. For the most part it helped Fallon, that was where she could be found if not happy at least she wasn’t miserable in the garage…it was after rehearsal she would return to the couch…

Fallon only went to the garage because she actually forgot why Christopher wasn’t responding to her. Today was not one of those days. “Of all people…why did he have to fall for me...” Fallon muttered under her breath. She was under the hood of her Charger again. Breaking her rule of not thinking about it, Fallon sat on the cement floor beside her car, leaning against the fender.

Today was ‘Oil Change Day’. Both Fallon and Cheryl’s car were in need of one. So Fallon had decided to do that today since Cheryl was home. The last few days she had spent cleaning out her car. It had gotten surprisingly dirty on the inside…not so surprisingly dirty on the exterior…considering her track addiction.

Her hands had been darkened by the oil, her torn pants and ragged shirt stained. Fallon was almost tempted to run her hand through her hair as she sat. “Why couldn’t he like someone who wasn’t so idiotic…and didn’t have feelings for some other guy…” She continued in frustration. The garage was empty, the door closed. At least no one could over hear her. Small comfort…-Fallon thought.

The first two days, Fallon had analyzed whether or not she had been leading him on. She hadn’t thought so, given the circumstances. Now she just sat there angry at him. She couldn’t blame him for not calling her back…but she did. I’m a blasted contradiction…-She thought.

Wiping her dirty hands with a rag, she continued to think over her own actions towards Christopher.

“Fallon!” Cheryl was calling her. Cheryl entered the garage to find Fallon staring at her blankly. “Yea?” Fallon said as she got up. “There’s phone call for you.” Cheryl said, the look of disdain was clearly set upon her face. Cheryl didn’t like the mess that came with working on cars. Before she could say something to Fallon, Fallon spoke. “At least you don’t have to pay someone to do this for you.” Cheryl rolled her eyes. “Yea, well at least then I wouldn’t have to see the mess they make.”

Fallon had to laugh…that was all Cheryl was worried about. Fallon got the sudden temptation to chase Cheryl with her greasy hands outstretched. She knew Cheryl would kill her. Fallon resisted the urge, though it helped raise her spirits.