Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

“Fallon, why are you doing this to me?” Craig yelled for the third time in the same hour. “Because you’re the only one who can help me, help Cheryl. Besides I trust you.” It was Thursday afternoon, Fallon had finally figured out how to approach Mr. Michael Evans. Now all she needed was some money and Craig to back her up.

“Okay, fine. Now let me ask you again. You’re sure that the price of one share of Lively! is 22.50?” Craig asked. “Yes! I’m sure. I checked like a million times since last night. Since Cheryl told me…which was last night.” Fallon told him, annoyed.

“And the price of the 75 shares that Evans has is?” Craig asked again. “One thousand, six hundred and eighty seven dollars and fifty cents.” Fallon recited. “And you want me to give you how much?” Craig asked nearing breaking point again. “It’s not that much, I’m forking up just as much as you are. Even Phil agreed. Why is it that you are the only one who is making such a big deal about it. Besides Cheryl will agree to buy the shares from us. So we aren’t losing anything. I’m only borrowing six hundred and sixty seven dollars.” Fallon said, she was tired of going through this.

“Okay so why are we giving Evans two thousand dollars. Why give him extra?” Craig asked. “It’s only three hundred and twelve dollars and fifty cents extra. I think maybe he’ll give them easily if we give him a little incentive…” Fallon said hopefully.

“Fallon you’d better make sure that Cheryl can buy the stock from us, if I lose money over this…I swear your next music video will be filmed in a card board box.” Craig said, giving in finally. “Yea…thanks for all the faith you put in me. You do know you’re going to have to come and help me do the talking right?” Fallon said as she took the cheque from his hand, before he could have any second thoughts.

“What? Why?” Craig blew up. “Come on…I just told you.” Fallon said as she sat back down for another round of grilling.

By the time Fallon had gotten Craig convinced…it was almost two o’clock. Craig had decided it would be best if he talked. So he left to talk to Michael Evans, while Fallon headed home to study.

As Fallon parked into her driveway, she noticed Cheryl was home. It would be the perfect time to ask her.

Fallon walked in to the house, there was a light scent of something cooking. So Fallon went into the kitchen to find Cheryl there. “Hello.” Fallon greeted her. “Hey.” Cheryl said. They still hadn’t gotten over the awkwardness.

“I was just wondering, if I buy the stocks…for whatever price…do you think you can buy them off of me? I’m not one for stocks…and that sort of stuff.” Fallon said, getting down to business quickly.

“Yea sure. How much is it that William might give them to you for?” Cheryl asked. “I’m not going to William. I’m talking to his father.” Fallon told her. Cheryl looked shocked. “What if he tells him?” Cheryl asked. “I don’t think so. William told me that he doesn’t usually talk to his dad unless there is something interesting to invest in. He usually looks around for clubs, parks, products, for his father’s business to invest in.” Fallon told her. “Oh, so how much do you think you’ll need me to pay you back?” Cheryl asked. “Two thousand.” Fallon told her bluntly.

Cheryl looked surprised. “I thought you might say more. That I can do.” She told Fallon. “Well good, cause I’ll need it soon. If this works out.” Fallon told her. “Yea sure, I’ll have it ready by tomorrow.” With that Fallon left for her room.

Fallon desperately needed to study. Yet it was becoming more clearer that maybe it was best if after exams Fallon left for a while. Fallon needed time away from Cheryl. The hurt was still there…how could she have left Fallon in the dark like that…and with the hurt came anger.