Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

It was at long last March 11th. To Fallon it seemed to have taken years to get there. She had started to measure time from the point Daniel had said goodbye. Almost like when she would measure time according to when she would be able to watch the next episode of ‘Gossip Girl’ or ‘Privileged’. It had been a week and two days. It was a finally Friday. Fallon was still alive, much to her surprise. She couldn’t believe she could live with a heart that had gone missing or was broken beyond repair.

Cheryl had kept mentioning Daniel to a bare minimum. This suited Fallon just fine. She still wouldn’t go to Lively! unless Cheryl had booked her there. She had started to avoid anything that could possibly link Daniel to her. The only thing Fallon refused to avoid was her basement library. That she would never give up to his memory. If she gave up her library, then she would have to admit defeat. That she was as weak as she thought.

This morning Fallon would be performing her new single on GM TV. She also had an interview to suffer through. Since last week Fallon had gone through the motions of showing up where she was supposed to be, without any fuss. The only time she felt like herself was when she was performing.

She entered the studio, Cheryl was waiting outside. The hosts announced her arrival. “Here is Fallon with her new single, Love Song, which was originally sung by Canadian band Sky.” Fallon knew it was time. The backing track started. Fallon sang.

Singing wasn’t the part that Fallon dreaded, when it came to television performances. It was the interview that came afterwards that scared her. Here they could ask her anything. Not that she was obligated to answer, it just was a worse set up since it was being recorded and televised.

Once she had finished performing, one of the hosts led her to the sofa. “Good morning Fallon.” Said the man, his name was Steven. “Good morning.” Fallon said, she thought she sounded awkward. “That is a lovely single you’ve released.” Said the woman named Emma. “Thank you.” Fallon said earnestly. “So tell us, why did you decide on this song to release as the second single?” asked Steven. “Actually, when I was younger I used to listen to this song, and I adored it. It’s one of those songs that you could listen to over and over again…and not get sick of.” She told them. “Wow, so what were your reasons for releasing ‘Down In Heaven’ and ‘Sing’ as B-sides then?” asked Emma. “I actually wanted to put a more Canadian influence on this one. It’s my home country, and I love a lot of the music that’s produced there…so I wanted to share it over here.” Fallon said, a little sheepishly.

“So how is it having your single ‘Memory Of You’ go to number one in five weeks, and also have your album become number one?” They asked her. “Amazing really. I couldn’t believe the response I got for this album. It’s all because of the public…the fans…if they didn’t like it; it would probably never get to those heights.” She responded.

“So we’ve noticed.” Said Emma. “Okay so moving on, we approach your private life. How come we haven’t seen Daniel and you together lately?” asked Emma. Fallon’s heart plummeted. She sat there trying to think of a response. I left him…he went on holiday…who’s Daniel?-Fallon tried to think of a response. At last she gave up. Truth was a better option; maybe the photographers would leave her alone now. “Actually, we’re not together any more…” Fallon trailed off. “Really? What happened?” The lady asked.

Fallon was getting a little annoyed at how interested Emma was in finding out what happened. She decided to spare both herself and Daniel the drama of a he said she said dirt fest. “It was mutual; we were both at a place in our careers where it wasn’t possible to be together.” She said, trying to be diplomatic. “I see, so are you both friends?” asked Steven. Crap…-Fallon thought. I forgot about that part…- She panicked. “Actually we’ve both been really busy. I mean I’ve had a lot of work right now, with everything. The single, school work, the club tour.” Fallon tried to sound nonchalant.