Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty Four

Fallon had been working hard. October had come but the amount of work had not lessened.

The amount of school work had become unbearable at times, but Fallon worked through it to make it manageable. Her labs felt as though they had become longer…although they were still three hours long the amount of work to be done felt as though it had been increased. Luckily Fallon had Michael to help her with them. She was also happy that she and Michael were in the same research group, it would have been hard to work without him close by to brain storm with.

Added to her university course work, was the work she had to do for her upcoming album. At first Fallon had re-thought her plan to write and had begun to think about taking a little time off and just finish with her studies before coming out with another album. Instead she had submerged herself in more work.

“Be prepared, Fallon’s newest single will be released this Friday, until then we still don’t have any word of what it’s called or what it sounds like. That girl has been hard at work; just last month she released a charity single which went to number two. I don’t think she’s taken time off yet.” The DJ on the radio said. They had just finished playing one of her singles from earlier in the year.

Fallon smiled to herself. They would know in time. Just last week she had gone to Craig to confirm the details for the single and its cover, along with the release date. She turned off the radio in her car. She was heading to the track today. She had finished with her classes and needed a little bit of a break.

The car auction had been a great success. They had managed to raise more than $10 000, with the proceeds from the auction and the single combined. The work on the car had been completed a few days before the auction and they had all run tests and checked if the car was in good working condition. One of Lucas’ mechanic friends had even come by to check it for safety and if it was in good running condition. Dallas and Adrian had both called to congratulate Christopher and all of them, they had also complained about not being there to help.

Along with the auction; Cheryl had been dragging an unwilling Fallon to a few Manchester United games. Both William and Christopher had been accompanying them. Fallon had stayed for the matches but would leave right at the end of the game. She was in no mood to run into Daniel.

There was yet another thing on her mind. Craig had called last week to tell her some important news. Fallon thought about it as she drove. “Fallon, the board of directors is going to be reviewing contracts that end this year. Your’s is one of the ones that are up for renewal in the coming week.” He had told her. “Don’t tell me…it doesn’t look good.” She had said. “Actually compared to every other year…this year looks very good. You got PJ on your side, for once, and none of your singles missed being in the top ten. So I’m hoping to put you on a new contract before the release of your album.” He had said. He didn’t sound worried when they had ended the conversation.

Fallon reached the track to see Aidan and Adam about to start. She sounded her horn to make them wait. It would be more interesting if she had someone to go against. They waited for her. She waved to them, they both waved back. Aidan lifted his hand showing three fingers, but just then they saw Alex walking to the starting line. He shouted for them to go.

She sped down the track, taking lead when they had gotten to the wet part. These days the water had been turned off. With the frost coming early this year, it had been decided to turn off the water so that there wouldn’t be the danger of ice. She kept her lead as she got to the uneven terrain, not relenting. Fallon beat them both to the finish line; with Aidan coming in behind her, and Adam straggling a long way behind him.