Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

Fallon had been walking for a while on the hiking trial. She had gone to the park on this sunny day, the stream beside her bubbling all the while looking peaceful and serene.

The birds were chirping happily. The sky was blue. Fallon kept walking until she got to the spot she had been in search for. She put down her bag and put her blanket on the grassy area, right next to the stream.

Taking off her socks and shoes she dipped her feet into the stream. The cool refreshing water was invigorating. Fallon closed her eyes. The world was peaceful in this spot.

The rustling of the trees relaxed Fallon. She sat there with not a care in the world.

“Hello Fallon.” Came a tentative voice. Fallon knew that voice. She had been thinking of it for a long while. Fallon kept her eyes closed. She hadn’t heard any footsteps, how had he gotten here without her knowing.

“I didn’t expect you to be here.” She told him. Actually this was exactly the sort of place she would have expected him to go to. Fallon waited for him to say something. “I come here when I need to relax. In fact your in my spot.” His voice sounded closer. At this Fallon couldn’t help but smile a little. They were similar in more ways than one, she thought. She opened her eyes and turned to see him standing slightly behind her.

“You know, we both can share.” She told him at once. He came to stand beside her. “Okay, we’ll share…but it is still more mine.” He told her as he sat down next to her. He took of his shoes and put his feet into the water too. Fallon watched how the sun reflected off his cool blue eyes. His brown hair shone in the sunlight, making him that much more unreal.

Fallon felt like telling him how much she had missed him, it had been so long but still she couldn’t part with his memory. She stopped herself…there was no need to make a fool out of herself…or to scare him away.

“You know, I wanted to bring you here. It’s funny that you would find this place by yourself.” He spoke; there was a sad smile on his face. “It’s nice and quiet and it takes you away from the world. Just like when we went to the park to go star gazing.” She told him.

“Yea, exactly like that.” He said as his arm moved to bring her closer. She leaned into his shoulder. Why couldn’t they be like this forever? She thought.

“I still miss you…” He said in a whisper. She looked up at him. He was staring across the stream he had that sad smile on his face again.

“I bet Miguel doesn’t…” Fallon muttered. It got the reaction she was looking for. His face broke into a smile. A true smile. “Yea…well what does he know?” He told her. “Apparently a lot, since you listened to him.” She said ruefully. The sadness on his face came back.

“If I asked you to take me back…would you?” He asked. The urgency in his voice was not lost on Fallon. “Hypothetically?” Fallon asked. “Sure…” He replied sullenly. Fallon didn’t have to think about it…but she pretended to. After a while she answered. “May be I would…hypothetically of course.” She answered. Her heart pounded just at the thought of having him back.

He turned to face her. “Okay, Fallon. Will you take me back?” He asked her. “I’m sorry I left you that way. I can’t stop thinking about you. I want you back in my life. So will you give us another shot?” His rush of words stunned Fallon. How long had she been hoping for him to come back…and now here they were and he was asking her for another chance. How could she refuse…after being without him for so long.

“Yes.” Was the only word she could say. From the look on his face, he had not been expecting her to say it…or anything at all. “Really?” He asked, bewildered. “Yea…I kinda missed you too…a lot…” She told him looking away from his intense blue eyes. She didn’t want to be losing her thoughts again.