Chapter Six

Daniel had to change before they left, so Cheryl told him where the bathroom was. Daniel had left to go get his clothes from his car. As soon as Daniel had closed the door Cheryl jumped on Fallon. “He loves you!” She told her loudly. “Shut up…just because you say it doesn’t make it true…not until he says it at least.” Fallon snapped. “Oh come on…have you seen the way he looks at you?” Cheryl continued. Before Fallon could respond, the door opened. Daniel stepped in with a clothes bag. “Sorry, I’ll just be a minute.” He told the two apologetically.

As Daniel shut the door of the main bathroom, which was down the hall, Cheryl had been just about to say something; Fallon spoke before she could. “Don’t start…he’s just down the hall. He’ll hear everything.” Fallon warned in a low voice. Although Cheryl looked as though she still wanted to continue the conversation in that direction, she knew better than that to actually do it.

“So where are you two going again?” Cheryl asked. “Apparently we’re going to his cousin’s house. I’m already feeling nervous.” Fallon said to her with grim look. “Don’t worry I’m sure his cousin will approve of you.” Cheryl said with a reassuring smile.

Daniel came out of the bathroom at that moment. Fallon had heard the door open, so she had reached to get her coat. As soon as she turned to face him, she forgot to blink, or breathe. Fallon snapped out of it, but wasn’t fast enough. Both Cheryl and Daniel had seen her awed expression. Daniel had been kind enough not to laugh, except his smile told her he had seen her facial expression. Fallon started to blush. Cheryl, who unfortunately was unable to be so kind at these moments, was quietly snickering.

“Shall we?” Daniel asked, holding out his arm. Fallon nodded, and reached for it. Cheryl bid them a good evening as they walked out of the house. The two of them got into the car, Fallon was still quiet. Every time she glanced at him, she lost her thoughts. Her mind went blank. Although in Daniel’s defense he was wearing a very simple black suit with a black shirt. It just went together with his brown hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. That and his soccer player physique helped lose Fallon’s thoughts.

As Daniel turned on to the street, there was still silence between them. The silence was comfortable though. “Don’t tell me it’s my turn to quiz you already?” Daniel tried, as he glanced at Fallon. Fallon, who was trying to get her thoughts in order, completely missed the question. She had glanced at him again, sending her thoughts into disarray. “I hope I didn’t rob you of speech completely…how am I going to explain this to my cousin…” Daniel joked trying to coax Fallon into talking. His attempt worked. “You didn’t rob me of speech…you just robbed me of thought.” Her reply came. Daniel sighed in relief. “Ah! She speaks!” “Yes I speak, now tell me do you really want to quiz me? Or can I continue?” Fallon asked. She was trying to get out of answering his questions.

“Nope it’s my turn. I think it’ll be more interesting this way. Besides at least I’ll know you’re breathing and speaking…and alive.” Daniel said. Fallon turned to face him sharply. “What?” She asked. “Back at your house, when you saw me…I think you forgot to breathe…” Daniel said to her quietly. She could tell he found it amusing. “What makes you say that?” She tried to sound normal. “Well you started to breathe again with a quiet gasp…and you looked stunned.” Daniel told her observantly. Fallon found it hard to say anything back…so she remained quiet, determined not to look at him.

“I’m guessing that you were at a loss of words…or maybe even breath.” Daniel told her with a smug grin. “I was not.” Fallon tried to refute his idea. “Okay then say that while you face me.” Daniel said. His grin was wider. Fallon squirmed in her seat. “Fine I will.” Fallon closed her eyes and faced him. “You do not make me lose my breath…or thoughts…or words.” She said to him. “That doesn’t count; you had your eyes closed.” Daniel complained.