Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Thirty One

They had all been working on the big race for a week. Fallon still hadn’t figured out a name for the event. All her names were too long. One of her choices had been ‘Racing Towards A Common Goal’, she had scrapped it as soon as she thought of it. What a boring name…-Fallon thought in frustration.

Fallon had done all the work assigned to her. She had finished her treatment for her music video and had found a director, who had convinced Craig to listen to her. Fallon had laughed at how easily the director, named Troy, had convinced Craig. It usually took Fallon twice the amount of time and energy to get to that point.

Fallon had searched for the remainder of the week for a designer, she had sketched out her ideas just so that she could get her point across. She had finally found a girl named Ana, whose pieces matched Fallon’s ideas to a certain extent. With Craig and everything else going smoothly, Fallon was enjoying the work.

Today Fallon sat on the sofa with the television on, a sheet of paper in her hand, and a pencil in the other. Fallon was trying to think up of a name for the racing event. It was not going well. Fallon had no idea what to call the event. “Race for Hearts…racing to dream…is there any thing I can call this race that won’t sound hideous or stupid?” She muttered to herself. It was irritating her to a point where she couldn’t think of anything. Soon Fallon gave up. Putting the paper and pencil on to the coffee table, Fallon got up and paced the length of the room. Frustration was poring out of her. The name for this event had evaded her for the longest time. She turned off the television, it wasn’t like she was actually watching it.

Fallon left the sheet and went upstairs. In addition to Cheryl’s room and the guest room and bathroom, there was one more room on the upper level. It was the only room with windows along both walls. It had been treated as the storage room, Fallon had decided to change that last year. Fallon and Cheryl had repainted it and reorganized it, it was a more of a spare guestroom…Fallon had chosen it to be roomy so when her family came her siblings would have everything to be entertained and not complain. Here Fallon had put up her family’s pictures. Fallon sat on one of the sofa beds looking out the window. Although it she was still in the house, the change in scene sometimes helped her think. She was hoping it would help her again today.

It didn’t. After a few minutes Fallon gave up. If the name was going to evade her, then she would evade thinking about it. Fallon got up and left to go to the library, if she was going to do nothing else, she would go and read. Fallon picked out ‘Ink Exchange’ and sat down on the bean bag, reading.

It was a few days before Fallon decided to torture herself again, trying to think of a name was hard. There was only three days till the race. She still had to get the banner printed. It was Wednesday morning when Fallon finally caved in to one of the names on her list. The race would be called ‘Racing For Dreams’ since it was primarily benefiting Phil’s charity, and it was helping research on heart disease. Both were technically dreams that they all had.

It made more sense and sounded better than anything else she could think of. Fallon called the printers for the banner and gave them the details for the banner. The guys could care less about a name, all they cared about was racing.

Now all Fallon had to do was prepare for Friday and Saturday. On Friday Fallon would be releasing the name of her new single. She also had a special performance at Lively’s. This made her slightly uncomfortable. Since Manchester United had struck a deal with Lively’s; Fallon had become slightly apprehensive about performing there.

Anything she released had the possibility of being taken the wrong way. They would all think that…he…had influenced her choice. This one time they wouldn’t be wrong, Fallon thought. Not wrong at all…- Fallon thought to herself.