Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Forty Eight

Christmas time brought more joy. Fallon was happy that her family had come to stay over for the winter holidays. They would be meeting Daniel on Christmas Eve. Fallon and Cheryl had invited Christopher, Keith, and William to join them for dinner. Keith had agreed to come. Christopher would be staying home for the holidays so he had also agreed to come; William on the other hand had to decline the offer, he was going to Venice with his parents, it was a family tradition.

Along with her family coming over, Fallon had gotten another surprise. Her cousins had decided to visit too. Ava, Sophia, Maria, and even Ava’s husband Ethan; they had stunned Fallon when she had answered the door.

The house was full of joy and cheer as Christmas Eve approached. Fallon was nervous to be introducing Daniel to her family. It wasn’t that they wouldn’t approve of him…they would…but it was the first time she had to do such a thing.

“So Fallon, when’s he coming?” Maria asked, as she helped Fallon set the table. “He who?” Fallon asked, she had been momentarily distracted; her sister had managed to get Christopher to give her a piggy back ride. He was walking around the living room and spinning in circles with her sister cheering loudly. Fallon saw Sophia watching in amusement from the couch.

“You know, when do I get to meet Prince Charming?” Maria had asked. “Soon enough…and you shouldn’t call him that. His name is Daniel.” Fallon said. Maria smirked. “Don’t worry I wouldn’t dream of saying that to his face…just when he’s not around…behind his back…that sort of thing.” She told Fallon. Fallon glared at her. “Don’t or I will…” Fallon was interrupted by the door bell ringing.

Everyone froze. Normally at a time like this chaos would ensue; just to see who was at the door. Usually her brothers would have been running. This time, however, everyone knew who it was. All eyes were on Fallon.

“Alright, alright…I’ll answer it.” She said. “Just act normally please!” She pleaded before heading down the hallway to open the door.

Fallon opened the door slowly. Daniel stood facing the away from the door. His hair and wool jacket was covered in snow flakes. Why does he always get to be the picture of perfection…-Fallon wondered, a smile grew on her lips.

“Hello.” She said walking out the door to meet him; she closed the door part way, as he turned to face her with a smile. “Hello.” He said back. “Ready to meet everyone?” She asked him quietly. “Are you kidding? I was born ready…” He told her with a grin. Before they went inside, Daniel stopped her. “Just one question…” He said, with her hand in his. “Okay, what?” She asked. “Your father isn’t one of those who has rifles to shoot me with…is he?” He asked her. He grinned sheepishly. “No…but he does have a lab…so he could bomb you.” She told him with a grin. “Great…” He muttered weakly; she gave him a quick kiss before pulling him inside behind her.

Daniel took his time taking off his shoes and jacket. He was wearing a dark blue fitted sweater, and black pants. Fallon herself was wearing a dark blue dress, it was knee length and cinched at the waist. How did that happen?…-She thought, as she realized that they matched. When Daniel saw her puzzled look, he smiled as he saw their clothes. “We match.” He commented quietly.

He ran a quick hand through his hair, getting rid of the snow. Fallon couldn’t believe he was nervous. They both walked to the family room where everyone was whispering. As soon as they saw Daniel and Fallon, everyone quieted down. Fallon was a little nervous herself. There they both were in front of her parents, brothers and sister, cousins and brother-in-law, Cheryl and Keith, and Christopher.

“Everyone…this is Daniel.” She said collectively. “Daniel…those are my parents, my brothers and my sister, my cousins and my brother-in-law, and that is Christopher…you already know Cheryl and that’s her fiancé Keith.” She told him as she motioned to each part of her family. She was a little tense at first when no one spoke.