I Expect You Not To Cry

---(Ray's Point Of View)---

We arrived at the viewing a few minutes ago. Riley was talking to Gerard's parents, and I was sitting alone. Isolating myself from everybody else. I was waiting for the text mes- 'buzz' I looked down at my phone and saw that I had one new text message. I quickly opened it and it read: 'good, I'll be at the funeral, look for me, I'll be the one in all white.' I didn't respond this time. I just kept to myself and looked around. Frank was talking with Violet, Riley started crying along with Gerard's parents; a few people I didn't know we're looking at Gerard's lifeless body. Well..technically secretly alive body..couldn't people see him breathing though? I decided to see Gerard. I walked up to his coffin and looked at him. You couldn't tell he was breathing..I slowly reached my hand in and felt his neck. He was definitely alive though..he has a pulse.

I looked around, not knowing what to do. I mean, I'm the only one who knows that Gerard is alive! I can't be sad..he's alive..but he's gonna get buried alive..then he'll die..so I'm still losing my best friend since kindergarten..we always had each others back. But even if I tried to wake up him, he won't. He's in a very deep sleep..I can tell..no one else can..but I can. And it's killing me. "Ray?" Riley's voice filled my ears. "Yes?" I looked back. "I need a hug.." She sobbed. I smiled a bit and pulled her into a big, warm hug. This felt so right. Her being in my arms. All I need now is for her lips to touch mine. Once she pulled away, her crying stopped partially. I wanted to kiss her pink, pale, full lips so bad. But she wouldn't allow it. I know she won't.

"Err..Riley?" Frank said, causing Riley to turn away from me. "What?" She snapped, but tears still filling her eyes. Frank got closer. And closer. And hugged Riley. Riley was really shocked but she hugged back. I just watched awkwardly. "Sorry." He mumbled and pulled away from the hug. "For what?" Riley asked, probably knowing the answer already. "Uh..Gerard." I could tell Frank was a bit drunk. Not too drunk, but enough that he'll forget this. "It's fine.." Riley responded, looking down. Frank patted her back and whispered in her ear, it was a pretty loud whisper, so I could hear, all he said was: "it's okay..Gerard is in heaven now..he's watching us..and he's proud of us. For being strong. He would expect you not to cry." His smiled slightly and walked back to Violet. Riley also smiled.

"Everybody!" The priest announced into a microphone. Causing everyone to look up. "We're going to the funeral grounds now. Everyone carpool or get in your cars and follow the police cars. Thank you." He then stepped off the small stage and walked to the door and held it open as people filled the exit door. I grabbed Riley's hand and led her to the car. I opened the door for her and she got in, as did I. I put the keys into the ignition and started the car. I looked at Riley and gave her a reassuring smile. I made my way to the exit and followed the cop cars. There was no traffic considering the police were getting everyone out of our way. I looked at Riley once we reached a red light. "You know I love you right?" I said, holding her hand. She nodded. "I love you too.." I was shocked by this. "You do?.." I questioned. "Well yeah..as a friend." Those words, just those painful words. As a friend. I've been told that so many times. "Are you okay?" I nodded. "Yep."

We got there very fast cause of the cops. Riley and I our way to the little crowd that was next to Gerard's coffin. And Gerard...Frank was there already and Riley walked up to him. "Hey Frank.." She said, softly. "What the fuck do you want?" Oh great...Frank is sober now. "W-what?" Riley stuttered. "Did you forget the fact that we hate each other?" He snapped. Violet just stood there awkwardly. "I thought..uh..nevermind. Sorry." She sighed and walked over to me. "He was drunk when he said that.." I whispered to Riley. "Oh.." She said, making her mouth form into the shape of an 'O'.

At that moment, the priest started talking. And Riley started sobbing again.

---(Anonymous's Point Of View)---

I stood there, watching Riley cry. Watching Ray look at his phone constantly. Watching Frank and Violet hold hands, Watching the priest talking about Gerard. Just watching. Waiting. "Does anyone have any words for Gerard?" The priest asked, looking around. "I-I do.." Riley stuttered. He nodded and led Riley to the front. "Gerard was my boyfriend..and a great one at that. He always showed love..he was amazing..I'm..I'm carrying his baby right now..before this happened..when he had cancer again..he said "give the baby two kisses..one from you..and one from m-me.." She then broke out in uncontrollable sobs. Too bad she doesn't know that Gerard is alive.

Ray came up and took Riley back to the small crowd. Then, himself, went up. "Gerard was my best friend. We always had each others back. We loved each other as brothers. He was a great friend..and a great boyfriend...and was going to be an amazing father." Ray even shed a tear at that point. But he what he has to do. Ray came back to the small crowd with Riley and Frank went up. "Gerard is an amazing person. He's also a very good kisser." Small chuckles came from the small crowd. "But for all seriousness, he was a great friend...and he was so young..his time wasn't yet..we promised each other we would die next to each other, holding hands.." A tear slid down Frank's cheek, But he continued. "I'm going to miss him plenty. He didn't deserve to die." He walked towards the crowd, where he once was before, and hugged Violet as she tried to calm him down.

"Anyone else?" The priest questioned. Then I walked up there. "He was a great man." I then walked back behind the small crowd, but I definitely got Ray's attention. Ray stared and stared, trying to figure out who I was. I pointed a finger at him and directed him to come towards me. He obeyed but then looked back. They were burying him. Burying Gerard. He looked at me with sad eyes. "Can I come back in like 30 seconds?" He asked quickly. "Fine.." I nodded. He ran back and watched Gerard being buried. I could see Riley and Frank sobbing like I've never seen before. So much tears. Once Gerard was completely buried, Ray walked back slowly. Tears running down his face. I raised my hand and smacked him. No one else could hear because I moved further back. He looked at me with confusion. "No crying. What you're about to do can't involve you crying like a pussy. "Ar-are you Goode?.." He questioned. I smirked. "Yes."

I've been busy..so I haven't updated In a kinda long time. But I think this chapter makes it up. c: ~ Neøn Dream

"Making a record is a lot like surgery without an anesthetic. You first have to cut yourself up the middle. Then you have to rip out every single organ, every single part and lay them on a table. You then need to examine the parts, and the reality of the situation hits you. You find yourself saying things like "I didn't know that part was so ugly." Or "I better get a professional opinion about that." You go to bed hollow and then back into the operating room the next day. . .facing every fear, every disgusting thing you hate about yourself. Then you pop it all back in, sew yourself shut and perform. . . you perform like your life depended on it----and in those perfect moments you find beauty you never knew existed. You find yourself and you friends all over again, you find something to fight for, something to love. Something to show the world."

― Gerard Way

"I went to school in drag, in art school and my day was completely different because everybody thought I was a chick. You should see me as a chick. So I went as a girl, as like an experiment and it worked really well and everyone was really nice to me but I couldn't talk obviously...you know train conductors were really cool to me on my commute...HA! I looked hot as a chick!"

― Gerard Way

(I bet you did Gerard xD ~ Neøn Dream)

Yo what hello, it's been YEARS bruh
but I just got my Wattpad back and I realized I never published this chapter??? idk I honestly haven't even read it but Ik some people really like this fanfic
but uh yeah I'm like almost 20 now lmfao follow me on instagram if you wanna :) @ph.aded or add me on Snapchat! @/Gerardvvay (two v's not a W)