Chapter 7

MUSIC: Pumped up Kicks (remake by LateNiteReading)

PICTURE: Sammy...?

MrsZeroKiryu

~~~###~~~

"Z-Zero, stop him!" My body twitched. Kaine, the evil glare still in his eyes, lifted the A.E.D to my chest again. Rubbing them together, getting the...electricity(?)...going again, Kaine flatened them against my chest on both sides, sending the electric currently flow through my body. My muscles reacted and spasmed as I gasped for air. I was about ready to swing a good punch at Kaine.

"Headmaster, that's enough!" Zero yelled...from his position on the floor. Red glowing knives pierced around Zero's body, a circle of some sort drawn onto the wall and keeping Zero stuck there. Kaine had explained it as the human's way of taming a vampire, and I could see it worked well. Zero struggled against the bind he was in and winced as it seemed to hold him harder in place. I watched Zero panic, so I simply sighed and looked back to Kaine.

"Never mind Zero. And you," -I glared at Kaine, but the glare on his glasses hid his eyes- "better stop this soon." Kaine laughed quietly to himself and again, got the A.E.D ready. Pressing it against my chest yet again, I gave out a yelp of pain. My mind was screaming at me for being so stupid, and I yelled back that it technically told me to follow Kaine to his...room. If anything, this was a torture chamber. If not, it sure did seem like it, being that I was strapped down to a table using large belts. Anyway, back to where I was.

Kaine stared at me for a log while before sighing in defeat. "I thought the A.E.D would get your heart going again, but I guess I was wrong." Kaine pressed his ear against my chest (I think he used it as an excuse to feel my boobs) and shook his head. He left me there, strapped to the table, and went to Zero. "Stop hurting yourself. It'll let up if you just relax." Zero obeyed. Kaine came back over to where I lay and took of metal belt after metal belt, helping me up. He was about to unhook the I.V when he stopped. A small smile played on his lips. I growled,

"What?" Kaine shook his head vigourously and painfully tugged out the needle that he put into my arm.

"Nothing, dear Sammy! Nothing at all!" Kaine was back to his normal self, twirling around the room as Zero was trapped against the wall, forced to watch Kaine dance in front of him. Sometimes I couldn't help but think Kaine was gay...he didn't have a wife after all. Maybe he was hiding with a boyfriend...teehee. That'd be awkward. I'd have to ask him that some day. Zero's body suddenly fell from the space he was suspended against the wall. He slumped against the floor, coughing a bit but getting up with no sign of injury. He wiped his mouth, patting his stomach since he landed on it. I went over and helped Zero up just as Kaine opened the room door to leave.

"Where do you think you're going?!" I yelled, but Kaine simply stated,

"Watch her Zero. Sammy I mean. Don't do anything you'll regret." Kaine left the door open as he walked out and I ran to the door. Looking out, I didn't see Kaine in sight. Where did he go so fast...? Watching Zero stand, his vampire instincts hidden, we made our way back to Kaine's office, since that was the only way out of this room. The hallway was connected to both the rooms, being the only way to go, so...yeah. Entering the Headmaster's office, we noticed a box labeled with Zero's name laying on the desk. Without checking to see if Kaine was around, Zero went over and picked up the package, opening it without hesitation. I went and sat down on the couch by a fireplace. I didn't know this was here. My gaze landing back on Zero, I watched as he pulled something out of the box and froze. I was tempted to see what was wrong, but Zero finally pulled a folded sheet of paper out the box and opened it to read it. Seeming to stand there for minutes, Zero finally showed signs of life by punching the table, blowing a hole right through it.

Surprised, I ran over to Zero and grabbed his hand that continuously beat the table. I couldn't see the note, Zero had it crumpled up in one hand. Frustration, pure anger and remorse all fought to get the right expression on Zero's face, but in the end, Zero just face palmed, his face completely hidden. Whatever had angered him must have been something incredible. I looked inside the box-

To find several bags of blood that must have been from a blood bank or someone else.

My eyes widened and I looked back to Zero, searching for his eyes but I couldn't tell that there was any difference in his attitude. He looked calm, his breathing regular, so the blood hadn't effected him. Was it the note after all?

"Zero, let me see the note." Zero shook his head as he covered his mouth, looking disgusted at my question. I glared at him as he glanced over. In the end, I had the note in my hands, but not before I saw another tiny box hiding behind one of Zero's blood bags. It peeped out only a little and it was in the same brown packaging as the box with Zero's name. I picked it up and put it to the side; my name was scribbled onto it.

Hasitly, I opened the note, and scrawled hasitly in black ink was:

                               Monster. I look forward to seeing you again

                                                                                                     -Ichiru

I didn't understand. He knew what Zero was? And who is this Ichiru character? Zero seemed to know full well, but he didn't say a word. Neither did I. Clearly simply seeing the name had caused all the emotions inside Zero to swell up and cause confusion for me. Moving on, I opened the small box that was entitled to me. I basically did the same thing that Zero did, except I let that anger out on the wall with one good punch. Kaine was going to wonder why we destroyed his office. A piece of paper had been taped to the outside of the box, and now I understood what the message meant as I opened to box. The message read,

                                                                 I know what you are

There was no note of the sender, but I'm pretty sure we both knew who it was. I opened the box; empty. Of course I was angry, but I was also a little sad. This person had a cruel way to show people what they were.

I know what you are. Empty.

~~~###~~~

So...I'm not sure if all of you understand what that message meant for Sammy and Zero. For Sammy- Ichiru wrote the message 'I know what you are' and when she opened the box he had sent to her, it was empty. So basically, Ichiru said "i know what you are, you're empty'. Basically, that's one way to put it, since Sammy 'doesn't have a heart', her blood doesn't flow...it's like she's a shell.

Zero- Of course Zero already conciders himself a monster, so seeing that someone else sees him as that pissed him off. Then after seeing the senders name, it just made him all the more pissed off.

Is anyone excited for the upcoming events for Zero...? :3