Final: Chapter 19

I love you all for sticking to my story, my lovelys!~  The end it near...so I won't bother talking. VOTE for this final chapter which will end all of the adventures of Sammy and Zero! COMMENT how you think the ending will be before reading this chapter! 

SONG: I'm going away (play it near the end).

~MRSZEROKIRYU

~~~###~~~

Samantha Hughes' POV

I packed in the last box of our things into the loading carrier, a U-Haul, whatever you'd like to call it. Zero threw a large comforter blanket in the small crevasse of space left, shoving it in to make sure it wouldn't fall out when we re-opened the carrier. He smiled at me, sad yet content that we were leaving this place.

It had been almost two years now that we had started living in this place, this small apartment in a town near Cross Academy. It made me happy to leave, but just like Zero...it meant we were leaving things behind too. A car horn beeped at us in the reserved apartment owner's driveway. The SUV slowed down, coming to a complete stop beside us. The engine turned off, Yuki and her Father hopping out the van. Kaine, as strange as usual, shouted nonsense, running to us in tears trying to get a hug out of us, but we'd dodge and make him cry even more. Yuki giggled, waving her hand slightly.

"You didn't even tell us you were moving?!" Kaine shrieked, wailing even more. "My son didn't even tell daddy he was leaving the nest! Wahh!" Kaine curled into a ball on the ground, but only temporarily, because within seconds he was up by Zero's side, smiling like a fool. "Let daddy come visit sometimes, yeah?"

Zero's smile was completely wiped off his face, leaving a scowl as he stepped away from Kaine Cross. Kaine gaped, then sobbed again, suddenly standing in front of the building. Yuki laughed again, looking at me now instead of her depressed father.

"Sorry about that. I guess you guys really are leaving...?"

"Yeah...we are." I whispered. I felt weird. I was defying everything my mother wanted; I had never tried to defy her, at least not until I met Zero. But besides that..., "How did you guys know we were leaving?"

Zero and Yuki looked between each other, their shifty eyes landing on Kaine next, who had stopped making any noise in particular. Kaine turned slowly, sniffling and hiccuping.

"I called this morning...Zero picked up just as you told him you had the first few boxes. I made him...blab to me." An evil smirk crossed his face, making me feeling nauseous. I shivered, looking at Zero. Faint color of red brushed his cheeks, but he nodded.

"That's basically what happened..." Zero trailed off, scratching the back of his head and frowning. "But really-"

"And so we're throwing you a going away party!" Kaine grinned, throwing Yuki and I into the SUV. I sat in shock as Zero calmly piled in the front seat. The ride was followed by Kaine's chatter about how the party would be, what foods would be good to try and who would and wouldn't be there. As we reached the school grounds, Kaine hit the breaks and jumped out, opening the back door on my side and grabbing me.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Kaine's eyes sparkled. "You wanted a puppy right?"

"Headmaster!" Zero shouted, looking at the ground, hair hiding his face but his blush visible enough. I frowned, but looked back at Kaine and smilied.

"Yes, I always have. I think they're adorable!" I smiled and walked around the car to Zero. He stood straighter, taking my hand and beginning to walk slowly. I grinned at him, he returned it, and we made our way to our little party, Yuki right behind us. There wasn't exactly a lot of people at this party, which I was happy for. There wasn't any Day Class students, they all thought I was dead and they weren't told of the party. The Night Class students; there weren't many of them either, but Yuki, Kaname Kuran and Hanabusa were here. Yuki's mom, looking a little odd, was included in this party, along with Kaine of course. There wasn't even ten people, but again, I didn't eve want a party, so it's not like I was bothered by the small amount of people. Zero unclasped our hands, giving my cheek a quick peck before dashing off. I smiled like a fool, happy he wasn't shy or anything like that.