Chapter 15

HELLO AGAIN! I know it's been awhile since an upload, but I'm on vacation and it's hard ^^" (just got back from my sister in a city I'm not even close to, picked up my grandmother from Quebec...etc.) I told myself I'd do this chapter TODAY. (I've just gone on Wattpad for 3 days, wrote 1 sentence each day xD)

Plus...I have no clue where the story is going.  .-. Any ideas?                                                   

~MrsZeroKiryu

~~~###~~~

Darkness was my friend, but I slowly felt it flowing away from my mind. Suddenly, white light pierced my vision and I groaned, my eyes feeling the blaze of a fire in this light. My muddled mind became pained as I looked around, craning my neck in an awkward way since I couldn't move my body just yet. Buzzers and blinkers were going on and off on a...machine? I groaned again, my arm suddenly going from a numb state to a tingling pain. I shrugged my shoulders lightly, turning my neck from side to side as I yawned loudly.

"You promised." I jumped in my position, my arm spasming at my side. My eyes grew wide in surprise; holy shit, she scared me. Sammy sat in a chair against the wall, farther than needed away from me. Her face was basically pastel white- more dead then I've ever seen her. Her hair cascaded in front of her face, hiding it from me and not showing her emotions. I didn't say anything- there was nothing to say. She wasn't lying. I had broken my promise...partially.

"I did. I have not broken it-"

"You killed over 10 people in two days!" Sammy screamed, standing from her seat and walking over to my bed. Her hands slammed on the metal framing of the hospital bed as her eyebrows furrowed in anger. Her eyes were filled with anger, not fear. I wasn't sure if I was in the hospital or not anymore. The only thing I could concentrate on was Sammy. "Guess how the first one died? Ripped up throat, and then thrown off a building." Sammy grabbed a sheet of paper I didn't notice, holding it up to eye level. "Second death? Torn up throat, and then died of blood loss.And the third?-"

"Sammy, please..."

"Well, he just happened to have a heart condition. Apparently he clawed at his own throat, blood poured out, and then his heart condition took over and he had a heart attack from the shock of his own actions. What do you think actually happened?"

"Samantha!" I shouted. She flinched, lowering the sheet to look me in the eyes with worry. She was devastated, tears flowing out of her eyes in rage. I covered my face with my hand, leaning back. "I never wanted any of that to happen-"

"Like hell you didn't." She interrupted, but I went on.

"-but it did because that part of me I can't deny took over. I had to watch it all, do you think I was that happy to see and know that I was killing people with my own hands as a vampire?" I muttered to myself, pinching the bridge of my nose. I don't think I was to ever understand my position in all of this. Sammy sniffed, turning her head to the side and wiping away tears. Frowning, she looked back at me, trying to avoid eye contact.

"No..." She replied, sniffing again and wiping her nose with her hand from habit. She crossed her arms over her chest as though she were cold, looking directly at me for once in weeks. "No, I-I don't think so anyway..."

"Exactly. I hated it, personally." I muttered. Sammy laughed suddenly, just a short, almost silent second, but it made me smile slightly. Sammy also smiled to herself, trying to warm up slightly as she leaned over me, kissing my forehead. Her lips were warm as she did, and when she pulled back, it felt cold. I smirked, feeling as if I was about to explode. Not only did it feel like an embarrassing gesture, but also it was the only gesture I'd gotten from Sammy in awhile. She smiled slightly, wiping away even more tears from her eyes with the sleeve of her sweater. She left, opening the door and leaving. I sighed, smiling like a fool as I leaned back against the pillows just as the door slammed open again. The smile left me face and I blushed slightly, seeing Sammy back in the doorway. If she saw me smiling like a fool...I'd feel embarrassed.