Chapter 11

Sorry I haven't been updating or editing recently. I don't have time EVER to go through the whole thing, plus with the Walk For Life that I just went through, I'm pretty sure I won't be editing this too well. I need a few hours of sleep at least- I didn't get it, so I'm still half asleep. bear with me.

MUSIC: Ib- Puppet (I might say when to play it if you can)

PICTURE: COCACOLA ZERO

~~~###~~~

My hair finished, pinned up in a fancy into a loose-feeling bun, I walked out of my room, met with only more maids. Zero and my mother were no where in sight, so it concerned me as to what exactly they were talking about. I was in my room for at least an hour; something must be wrong. Lela walked slowly down the steps by my side, holding onto my arm as though she were going to fall any moment. A butler dressed in full black bowed before me, sweeping his arm out towards the dinning room.

"Please, Miss Hughes, make your way over to the dinning room. We would like to serve you and your companion, along with your mother, as soon as possible." I nodded and grasped Lela's hand. She was my root to the ground, making sure I didn't fly up into my endless thoughts. Why would mother suddenly invite me back home? Where is she and Zero? Is she doing anything to Zero at this moment? My confusion seemed to show, because suddenly Lela stopped, stepping in front of me with a worried smile.

"Are you alright hon?" She looked me over, looking for any signs of injury. "You look pale." I shook my head.

"I'm fine Ms. Lela. Don't worry about me, it's Zero I'm wondering about." I took a quick glance outside. I felt like the lonely Juliet as she waited for her Romeo- a deep pain reverberated within me. Where for art thou, my sweet Romeo?

~~

Zero's POV

So far, all I understood was blah blah blah roses, blah blah blah hedges, I look amazing. Yes, this is basically all Samantha's mother talks about here in the garden. I sigh as she talked about roses, about the thorns and how she could be pricked easy by them. How stupid did she think I was?

"Ah yes, I remember as a child, dear Samantha, drove her bike into the rose bush..." She sighed, her eyes hard on mine. She was looking for a sign of anything, any emotion, but I simply glared back at her. I knew that she wasn't going to talk about this all day, but now it's on Sammy. Her mother stood up from her crouching position in front of the rose bush, examining me like I had a severed arm in my hand and a flower growing out of my nose. "Samantha wasn't the most...intelligent child on the block." I was starting to get annoyed wit all the pauses and insults this woman came up with. I clenched my fists at my sides.

"Samantha must have changed a lot then, because she has an 4.0 average." The woman looked confused. My jaw clenched and unclenched- and she was calling my Sammy stupid! "For all her studies, it adds up to an A." My anger grew as she looked unsatisfactory. What was up with this woman! I'd never been so angry in my life! As always though, I sucked up the emotions so I wouldn't show her.

"The Hughes family is only the best. She should be able to reach for an A+, nothing less." She turned on her heels and clip-cloped away, almost awkwardly in the high heels. Before she could get to far, in a few quick strides, I grabbed her shoulder, trying to turn her around without too much force.

"Don't you see that Sammy is trying?" I hissed. She scowled.

"Sammy?-"

"We were in a ruckus simply trying to find something to wear! We had to pay thousands on that dress that Sammy is wearing, and all for you! We not only have to feed ourselves, but we have to pay rent and such. And you wonder why we're living poorly!" I cut her off, trying to catch my breath. I was pissed, but it felt good to yell. I rolled my shoulder's, not daring to look at Mrs. Hughes as I shook out the feeling. I scratched the back of my head. "Sorry...I lost myself a little there."