Chapter 10

So I wanted to wait for this chapter until I watched Warm Bodies. I did actually watch it, I find it hilarious and really awesome. Have you bros watched it? Anyway, here's the long awaited 10th chapter!

Anyways, I just noticed the title of the story- A Vampire's Promise -and realized the original story line I was going to use had gone completely off track! Ever since Sammy talked to her mother, after that, it's been different then I expected.

PICTURE: The dress Sammy wears later on in the story

~~~###~~~

The movie was great. We'd already left the theater, making our way to my house now. I had almost bawled at the movies; I felt like I knew where R was coming from when he explained his story throughout the movie. Miracles do happen, but nothing happens like that in real life to begin with.

Zero probably still didn't want to approve my being close to Yuki since she was a vampire, but like I've said before, Yuki shouldn't be attracted to my blood- it's not lively and fresh I guess you could say. Just like R. Aside from that, we had just turned into my driveway when I hit the brakes hard, swerving to my left to avoid hitting the black van parked in my parking spot. I'd never seen it before, so either some people just moved here, or some people were visiting and decided, 'hey, let's fuck up every ones day!' and parked in the incorrect spot.

Can you tell I'm tired and scatterbrained today?

Ignoring my groan of protest, Yuki directed me to the parking spot beside the black car. I took the spot, grateful no one had claimed the spot if they were a resident of the place. I'm just wondering who's stupid enough to park there! Jeeze...! Zero leaned against the cement building that held our apartment, his arms crossed as he went stiff. Yuki exited the car and the stare down began. A look covered Zero's entire face for a moment as his tattoo flashed once. He was hungry. Yuki walked away without a word, leaving suddenly. This couldn't get anymore awkward. I didn't say anything as she disappeared into a tour bus, probably hoping it would take her home. Looking at Zero, giving him a look over, I walked right up to him, sighing.

"Well, I had my time with her. Thank you." I hugged Zero, his body still a little rigid as he took his time to wrap his arms around me. He seemed to be even more cold then usual.

"Not a problem..." He muttered, something glistening in his eyes that told a completely different story. Zero walked me inside up four flights of stairs all the way into our apartment. He smiled slightly as I took off my boots, looking around the room. He seemed to know something I didn't.

"What?"

"We're leaving."

"...what?" I used the same tone as before. Leaving where? Only now did I notice Zero wearing his old uniform. Were we going to see Kaine again?! Hell no!

"Your mother invited us to dinner," Zero answered, staggering into the kitchen as he tripped over a pot that lay clean on the floor, "and I had accepted." I blinked a few times, letting all the information sink in. My mother certainly had a change of heart so suddenly. Zero cleared his throat, making me notice that he was really close and back to my side. He leaned in close, bursting my bubble as his nose nearly brushed against mine. "Meaning that she wants us to dress formally."

"Oh!" I nearly yelled in his face. I skipped to my room, whipped open my closet to be welcomed only to jeans and T-shirts. My old uniform wouldn't be considered a dress, would it? That would be a really strange dress but...no, I need something better. Zero entered the room, watching me search my drawers, the floor for anything clean to wear, anything. He again cleared his throat. I turned to him, seeing one eyebrow cocked up in a silent question. I threw the pillow from our bed at him. "Shut up. I've nothing to wear."